Sony DSC-V3 - all pictures have red colour cast

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
My Dad has a Sony DSC-V3 camera that is a couple of years old.

In the last couple of days, it's suddenly started taking every picture with a strong red colour cast. I've done a factory reset, set the white balance manually and made sure the Nightshot modes are turned off. That hasn't made any difference.

It seems lots of people on Fixya.com have had the same problem, but no-one posted a solution. Has anyone experienced this before and have any suggestions of a fix?

Cheers,
Matt

I don't know about your sony, but my gf's samsung had a similar thing where it just took mostly white photo's. took it to a camera shop who said it was a broken sensor. my gf now has a new camera.

I suspect that even if it is fixable, it won't be worth the cost of getting someone qualified to open it up and look.

sorry, but I think it's new camera time.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I'd sort of come to the same conclusion. My Dad's looking round for a new camera now - the old one takes perfectly good Black and White pictures though, so perhaps it will just have to do that from now on :)

Matt

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I'd sort of come to the same conclusion. My Dad's looking round for a new camera now - the old one takes perfectly good Black and White pictures though, so perhaps it will just have to do that from now on :)

Matt

a good little camera the V3 as I recall. didn't it have the "laser" AF light?

does it provide the facility to put colour "filters" in for black and white photo's? (ie a processing stage, not a real filter)? if so, I'd wonder what effect different filters might have on a faulty sensor...?

as a black and white machine, it might be a great little pocket affair.

dave

Yeah, it's quite a nice little camera - yes it did have the fancy AF and nightshot stuff.

The only filters it offers are Black and White, and Sepia - with no finer control. No worries though, just got to track down a Panasonic DMC-FZ28 for him now.

Back