Sony FDR-AX100

Hi all,

Just ordered one of the 4k camcorders above, arriving tomorrow, and wondered if you could be kind enough to offer any tips or suggestions to do "out of the box".

Thanks,
Wez
There are some pretty good videos on youtube, using that video camera. Does seem pretty good quality. Sorry can't help with the settings suggestions etc. Hope you manage to get out and about with it, and get some good video. Would love a camera like that myself. :)

Pretty much take it out of the box and use it :LOL:.... I think I have mine set to auto, and use auto focus, the manual focus ring is quite handy. I don't use the viewfinder much, easier to use the back screen.
But as above, just watch any of the Youtube videos...it is fairly straight forward to use.

There are some pretty good videos on youtube, using that video camera. Does seem pretty good quality. Sorry can't help with the settings suggestions etc. Hope you manage to get out and about with it, and get some good video. Would love a camera like that myself. :)
Pretty much take it out of the box and use it :LOL:.... I think I have mine set to auto, and use auto focus, the manual focus ring is quite handy. I don't use the viewfinder much, easier to use the back screen.
But as above, just watch any of the Youtube videos...it is fairly straight forward to use.
I suppose you have the Camcorder by now, just wondering how you are getting along with it?

Thanks guys (y)

Watched a ton of youtube videos Friday and Yesterday. Lots of great info there and a useful resource.

It might be a couple of years old, this model, but the IQ really is fantastic on it. Even in dull grey light this morning, I managed to get some nice footage of birds on and around the feeders.

Out of the box was fine but, since filming some wildlife this morning, the autofocus leaves a lot to be desired! Very slow and takes ages (if at all) to lock onto a moving target. I found myself using manual focus with peaking enabled. It'll take some practise, as it wasn't the easiest to do for a novice on manual and with moving subjects, but it's something I'll get used to as I predominantly photograph wildlife. It'll mainly be for travel, family and football anyway, so should be fine for those (y)

Definitely recommend it though :)

Thanks guys (y)

Watched a ton of youtube videos Friday and Yesterday. Lots of great info there and a useful resource.

It might be a couple of years old, this model, but the IQ really is fantastic on it. Even in dull grey light this morning, I managed to get some nice footage of birds on and around the feeders.

Out of the box was fine but, since filming some wildlife this morning, the autofocus leaves a lot to be desired! Very slow and takes ages (if at all) to lock onto a moving target. I found myself using manual focus with peaking enabled. It'll take some practise, as it wasn't the easiest to do for a novice on manual and with moving subjects, but it's something I'll get used to as I predominantly photograph wildlife. It'll mainly be for travel, family and football anyway, so should be fine for those (y)

Glad you are enjoying it ...it is a decent video camera... as for auto focusing, to be fair it works just fine for videoing riders doing dressage tests and having riding lessons which is what I use it for, and it works well in dim indoor light too, but they are an awful lot bigger than birds :LOL:

Thanks guys (y)

Great stuff, just a case of getting used to it's functions.
I would love another Camcorder, just so many other things to buy first. :)

Back