Sony RX1 thread

I'm saving for something to go alongside the RX1R. If I had the cash now I'd be torn between the A7S and the A7II with the 55mm 1.8.

Where did you sell the RX1R and did you get a good price?

I'm saving for something to go alongside the RX1R. If I had the cash now I'd be torn between the A7S and the A7II with the 55mm 1.8.

Where did you sell the RX1R and did you get a good price?

Sold it on ebay for £1400 with EVF, extra batteries and CPL.

The 55mm 1.8 is tempting, I want to make use of that low light AF the A7S has to offer and I keep lusting after MF only lenses..

Sold my RX1 2 months ago, regretted it so much I bought another one today. On the upside I paid 300 quid less than I sold the other one for :)

There are rumours about an RX1X being announced soon but unless the starting RRP is way lower than the RX1 then it'll be outside of my reach!

Holy old thread resurrection Batman!

A bit of FF goodness ....

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441539812.099684.jpg

And a couple more from last weekend, bit of a drab day but still some nice shots.

Sent the RX1 off to Sony on Friday for repair [emoji36] dust in lens or sensor [emoji31]

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441548407.498975.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441548498.157586.jpg

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1441548543.993660.jpg

I always enjoyed the photos that come out of my RX1 when i owned it. The AF speed was what caused me to look elsewhere, otherwise it was fantastic!

Two of my photos have been shortlisted for the Trail Magazine's UK Mountain Photo of The Year 2014.

Below is one taken with a RX1, probably my favourite camera/lens of all time. It's small size and compact nature means it goes everywhere with me in a small Kata neoprene pouch which hangs round my neck or can be clipped to my rucksack, climbing harness etc. It is well made and e extremely robust and has survived a lot of abuse including knocks and drops, rain and snow which are well outside it's specifications. A built in viewfinder would be nice especially in bright sunlight and improved battery life would be good but otherwise it is the perfect camera for me.

The photo was taken at the end of day one of a two day traverse of the Cuillin Ridge and hopefully portrays some of beauty of a late evening high in the mountains combined with the pressure of finding a level place to sleep as night rapidly approaches.
cuillin-jpg.46018

If you are interested in the competition see the link below;

http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/L...ain-Photo-of-the-Year-2015-choose-the-winner/

Seems like there are some great entries.

Love the look of the RX1R, just still too expensive at the minute for me!

Just out of interest has anyone pr ordered or is thinking of buying the new RX1R2 or is everyone put off by the steep price?
I'd love one since it seems to iron out most of the problems of the RX1/R like better AF and a built in viewfinder. If you can accept a fixed 35mm lens then this is probably going to produce the best image quality of any camera (at the moment) combining the sensor from the A7R2 with the Zeiss 35mm lens from the RX1. If only I had a spare £2600.

Yes it would be good to see a good comparison of them both. Personally 28mm would be too wide for me as a fixed lens.

It's time to reboot the RX1 / RX1R thread!

A study (or mucking around) in depth of field

Macro setting, manual focus, no noise reduction, no editing - B&W jpgs straight out of camera

First pic is a 100% crop at ISO 1600 and f2

rx1r_depth_of_field_1.jpg

Second 100% crop is at ISO 6400 and f4

rx1r_depth_of_field_2.jpg

Last edited:
Damn they are too dark! I knew I should've just gone to bed instead!

That Zeiss lens is amazing and very unique - a total contrast to my Fuji lenses.

Isnt the A7s more orientated to video Dan? Was this the reason you bought it or more for night /indoor shooting?

I haven't got it now. But I bought it for its high iso handling, not any video. I used it sometimes to zone focus with high shutter speed and let iso go where it likes

I wasn't sure whether to bump this old thread or to start a new one but here we go.

I've just picked up an RX1r and trying to find a suitable case for it which I've found some threads for on DPR but many of the recommendations are for US brands not available here or the cases aren't available any more. This is my leading candidate at the moment:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000KZ7...olid=1HZPBWTDH2J0L&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'm looking for something as small as possible that allows the camera to come in and out easily but doesn't need any space for accessories (I don't have the EVF), does anyone have any recommendations?

Congrats on your RX1R - great choice :D

The case you mentioned looks ok but personally I don't like giving any indication that I have a camera inside, which this one might do. I would recommend a generic case or satchel or courier. The RX1R is a tough little camera - I just chuck mine in a thick beanie and then into my rucksack or cross body bag. Make sure you buy a screen protector and lens hood and maybe a half case which will protect it and give you a better grip.

Back