Sony RX10 v Panasonic FZ1000

Edit My Images
Yes
I currently use a Sony A6000 but due to family commitments I don't get as much use of it or time so was thinking of trading it in for a really good bridge camera. What are your thoughts between the Sony RX10 mk 1,2 or 3 and the Panasonic Fz1000 mk 1 or 2?
In an ideal world I would like to keep the budget down to what I can get for my current kit (A6000, 18-55mm, 30mm macro, 16mm and wide adaptor) so most likely it's a mk1 or 2 Sony v the mk 1 Panasonic

I currently use a Sony A6000 but due to family commitments I don't get as much use of it or time so was thinking of trading it in for a really good bridge camera. What are your thoughts between the Sony RX10 mk 1,2 or 3 and the Panasonic Fz1000 mk 1 or 2?
In an ideal world I would like to keep the budget down to what I can get for my current kit (A6000, 18-55mm, 30mm macro, 16mm and wide adaptor) so most likely it's a mk1 or 2 Sony v the mk 1 Panasonic

I don't actually have the MK 1, 2, or 3, but I do have the MK4, and in my honest opinion it's "EXCELLENT" in all departments. It's so good I seldom need my other cameras.

George.

I bought a Panasonic FZ1000 as I wanted to test a bridge camera before dumping my other kit. It was quite good but then I settled on an RX10 which was better than the Panasonic. I now have an RX10 IV and just love it, it is such a capable camera and produces excellent results. It is, however, very expensive.

I had the R10 mk iii, good camera, good images. Good features, but what did it for me was the waiting 3-4 seconds wait time to take another photo, drove me mad, other than that, you can’t go wrong.

As you don't currently have any long lenses the 24-200mm (equivalent) of the RX10 i or ii should be enough for you. The ii has enough improvements over the original to make it worth the slight price premium and is my favourite of the range (I've had all four). The FZ1000 has definite advantages of the first two RX10s, especially in focus speed and menu structure but won't use any existing spare batteries like the RX10s will.

Back