Sony RX100 or something else

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

i had a MK4 version of the Sony a couple of years ago which we took to Disneyworld and was very happy with the stills and video we got with it but sold it on when we came back as had very little time to make use of it.

I am now in the position of having alot more spare time and was looking at getting another one or is there any other compact camera i should look at. Will be used mainly for photos and video's of the kids and holiday trips (when allowed again).

Budget is around £600-700 and must be pocket friendly, any suggestions appreciated.

The RX100 series is still by far the best and most versatile compact around. I have an RX100M6 that is absolutely excellent for both stills & video and I would think you could probably get one for around your budget now as the M7 has been on sale for quite a while now and is an improvement on the M6.

George.

A biased view but like George I'm a big fan of the series, currently owing a Mk2 and Mk5. I'm not aware of anything better for your money which gives the same flexibility. I've owed a few of the Fuji X100 series in the past which are fantastic but no where near as flexible given the fixed focal length

Back