Sony SAL18200 lens

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

does anyone have any experience with the SAL18200, or 250 lens'?

I'm tempted to buy one.. I'm very pleased with my nifty fifty, but the 18-70, 70-300 lens' I got with the camera just don't live up too much.

also, flashguns.. the HVL-36/56, which do you reccomend? Can anyone upload any images with the above flash in use?!

Many thanks!!
Jim

Not many A-Mount users round here Jimmeh. Best place for lens and flash info is dyxum.com plenty of stuff in the reviews section and the forums.

AFAIK the minolts/sony flashes are prone to over exposure so you always have to have some exposure compensation dialled in. Naturally the 56 is better than the 36 but if you're budget will stretch to the 56 have a look at the Metz 54mz4 instead.

I've got the 56 flash. Having never had any other flash, I can't really compare with anything else. I'm happy with it, I took over 600 shots on various flash strengths and the batteries were still showing plenty of life to carry on, so you shouldn't need to carry tons of batteries out with you (although it may be wise for an extra set just in case). I have the 18-70 and 75-300 lens, and yes, they aren't the best - that's why they are the kit ones. I have a Miniolta 50 and Vivitar 100 macro, both very good.

I'm in the process of saving for some better glass ware, or going for the A700 with the Carl Zeiss option.

Back