Sony World Photography Awards Open Competition

Interesting the allowed use of photoshop to remove elements, I thought most competitions forbid this now

OMG, that second image is dreadful. Are the judges blind?

OMG, that second image is dreadful. Are the judges blind?

I thought exactly the same when I saw this the other day, the PP in that second image is shocking. It's blatantly obvious something has been badly cloned out.

I noticed the patch of snowless ground where the other cabin used to be and you can't un-see it.
Once you spot the badly cloned mountainside just above, you can't un-see that either!

A group of us have just come back from the Lofoten Islands and when we saw the BBC article, we had to go and see how much "editing" had been done, especially as it was a mere 5 mins away from us.

As this is my first post I can't yet share the link to my pic on flickr, but take my word for it when I say that the hut wasn't a "small" one as he describes, and there was a lot more clutter around than just the extra hut he had to remove...

It was a hefty topic of conversation for the rest of the week, and the "I can do better than that" statement was heard several times.. :eek:)

Back