Sophie & Ethel

Edit My Images
Yes
We recently got to go and visit my sister-in-law and niece for the first time since she was born in December, whilst I was there I offered to take some photos for her and her husband. I wanted to do something nice for them, but not going to lie - it was also nice to have some new people in front of the camera, I bought some very basic lighting kit over lockdown and could really use the practice with a subject other than myself. Anyway, I took a bunch, some with the kit others in a more natural setting and these were the pick of the bunch. Would welcome any thoughts or feedback on them that might help me improve - including on the processing.

1. Taken with a single off-camera flash with umbrella diffuser.

2. Same as above

3. Same set-up, mildly annoyed I couldn't get one with full eye contact, but she wouldn't play ball bless her! Added a white border in post because I thought it suited the shot - you'll need to view on Flickr to see it properly though!

4. Taken late afternoon, just a candid shot of the two of them interacting - this is my favourite because of the intimacy of the moment, no posing - just a mother and her daughter sharing a moment.

Thanks for looking!

These are beautiful.
Love the B&W ones, cant lie especially no. 2

Back