Sorry another tripod question!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for a carbon fiber tripod to take a lens master gimbal RH2,nikon D500 and a nikon 200-500 lens. Gitzo are out of my price range so I am looking at the Feisol or Benro ranges.Any opinions or recommendations would be much appreciated. Many thanks

I have had both Feisol & Benro and both are very good, the more expensive Feisol are top quality with large diameter tubes that make them rock solid.
I have a lighter Benro now that I picked up here for around £90 and it works very well with the D850 & 200-500.
You cant go wrong with either brand IMO.

Have a look at FLM too, high quality tripods made in Germany with 10 year warranty

I have had both Feisol & Benro and both are very good, the more expensive Feisol are top quality with large diameter tubes that make them rock solid.
I have a lighter Benro now that I picked up here for around £90 and it works very well with the D850 & 200-500.
You cant go wrong with either brand IMO.

Thanks Gramps that's the thought I was having, Benro seem easier to buy in the uk saving on postage costs.

Have a look at FLM too, high quality tripods made in Germany with 10 year warranty

Thanks for the reply Rich, I will have a look at FLM later. Certainly a good warranty on them.

Can recommend the Benro range - I have the Mach2 38CL - longer leg sections than the 38C. Sturdy, easy to take a part and clean if needed

Really like my Benro C3770.

Thanks for the info Graham, will have a look at your thread. When I saw your post it said I was ignoring anything posted by you. I don't know if you get to see that or not, if you did apologies. There was 2 other people I was supposed to be ignoring,I didn't ignore them either must be a gremlin in the system.

Really like my Benro C3770.

Thanks for the info Graham, will have a look at your thread. When I saw your post it said I was ignoring anything posted by you. I don't know if you get to see that or not, if you did apologies. There was 2 other people I was supposed to be ignoring,I didn't ignore them either must be a gremlin in the system.

Ha Ha, accidental or not I'm sure you'd not be the only one!

I have not long got a Cayer fibreglass one, thick legs, 3 sections and a centre post that can extend, goes to about 181 cm and that`s tall, I got it from Amazon and the price was good.

Induro, Benro, Feisol and a few others make some nice tripods that will fit your needs.

Perhaps I have been lucky (or persistent!) but I cannot afford the Gitzo copies so my tripods are all Gitzo - none of them were over £400 and all my current ones (bar my Traveller) were bought new.
It pays to hunt around a bit.

Having said that the Feisol CT-3342 is very good if you need a really light tripod: https://www.feisol.eu/product/feisol-tournament-tripod-ct-3342-rapid/?lang=en. It is fairly rigid and VERY light - if you need mobility then this is a good choice. Naturally a stiffer (heavier) tripod would be better for hide use.

Last edited:
Benro, Feisol and a few others make some nice tripods that will fit your needs

Thanks for the reply John, the Feisol looks a good option weight wise.(y)

Back