Sort of bridal test photos

Name
Carl Davis
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of my friends relatives came around so I could do some test shots.

1100430890_TNJ8S-L.jpg

1100434561_nAoV5-L.jpg

1100460953_ZySox-L.jpg

1100506523_HJCqu-L.jpg

1100532006_xhCHx-L.jpg

6 going to re edit this one, I know I can get a bit more mood/interest out of it
1100431131_2QnyC-L.jpg

Not a lot wrong with any of them Carl, all very pleasing on the eye.
The last two look a little...think Hazy is the word i would use around the edges where the light has not been focussed and although it does draw your eye to the lighted areas i am not 100% i like it but i could see it growing on me.
1 & 3 have to be my favourites with 4 a close third.

The shots look really good, but if you don't mind nit picking:
- the crop in the first one may be a bit tight
- the last two images in the first post don't seem to have a black point and that makes them look a bit flat

Here's what they look like with a black point set:
1100532006xhchxl02.png

11004311312qnycl02.png

I'm not sure whether I there isn't a bit of a green cast in those, I'll see that better by daylight.

Last edited:
I deliberatly didnt take the images to black, I like that slight washed out look. I didnt get it right in 6 which i why i made the comment about re editing. I will still not take it to black but do something different.

I also quite often a colour tone to an image, again I prefere that, its just part of how I quite often edit.

no worries about you commenting though, I do lots of things that people think are a bit strange, but thats part of my style :)

I like them better with the black point............oops! :)

No 1 is the only one I have any comment other than really positive. In No 1 don't let the lady actually rest her chin on her hand, you have a little facial compression going on in her chin and it shortens the face just a little. Not huge but more flattering if it's not there.

Nice use of light and love the moodiness ;)

haha, Im sure most people will prefere it with the black point set, but in print I prefere the look, looks a little more magazine to my eyes,on a nice 18x12 print and I cant be bothered to do a different edit for net to print to lazy :).
but then again I prefere it on screen like that as well.

totally agree about the chin. dont normally do headshots like that but will be doing a lot more so will be keeping an eye on that, I have some others that may look better, just need to edit

you can never escape carls countless critique threads. ARGH. ;)

:) Lovely stuff as usual.

I like all of these, #3 being my favourite, wonderful lighting and a real stunning image.

For me i'm not sure about #1 I'd have preferred to see the whole of her head and arms, its a little too cropped for my liking. but a nice image all the same.

(y)

Absolutely love No: 3.

Number 1, if she could have looked up a little, those eye lashes are so long the hide the beauty of her eyes.

The others look fine with me, and I like what you did on the re-edit of the last one.

All in all, a rather nice set (y)

Steve

Back