Soundbars

Anyone got any experience of the Bose Solo? My neighbour bought one and asked me to connect it up for him - easy enough to do, but I never really had a play with it, just checked there was sound coming from it. It seems a really neat solution, but (like a lot of Bose kit) pricey if it's "only" average.

My wife just puts up with the wires. Most are hidden or below the floor, the rest will be hidden at the next room refurbishment.

Went to a Sony Centre today & saw a blue ray/5.1 system that had wireless rear speakers. That is, they were wired to a hub, but that connected wirelessly to the amp?

This solves the worst wiring problem. You could also stream music to it.

They were selling it for £650, but it may suit OP's needs?

I can stream music from my phone to our soundbar via bluetooth. Never had any issues, no crashes or stutters. And the sound from it is as good as a decent hi-fi.

Just thought I would update the thread to what I was allowed to go for,out of my AV budget I only had £300 left for a soundbar and opted for the Denon DHTS 514 , not exactly what I wanted but I am a fan of Denon and to be honest for the money and spec I don't think I would get better, it arrives tomorrow so if I get chance I will try and give it a quick review...

The Prestwich one was still their last time I went to the pet shop just down the road a month or so ago...If I remember they have a small car park as well

Yep, they do have a car park, and they still have the coffee machine....last time I went, I needed some headphones, and came home with a Sonos Play 3.....whoops!! :D :D

Back