Sounds of the sixties.....A4 Skyraider

Canon Bob

Loves the Enemy
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
An A-4-DN Skyraider dropped into the meeting at my local grass strip over the weekend and eclipsed everything else present both in size and sound. This particular example was built for the French Air Force in 1961, served until 1969 before being donated to the Gabonese Air Force and flown by French mercenary pilots for the presidential guard before returning to France in 1991.

Seen departing and sending the grass clippings over to the next village.

Shot on a Pentax 645Z using a Pentax 67 M*300/4 1/320 @f/8 Iso 100
p2010426922-4.jpg

We're off
p2131897733-4.jpg

An impending storm as a backdrop before it went on its' way

p2052671184-4.jp

would love to see that!
And hear it. Rob!

An old Broussard popped in to play too....not quite as impressive as the A-4 but nice to see it in the sky where it belongs.

p1884676511-4.jpg

Last edited:
Poor processing on 3 and 4. There are halos and artefacts galore which are very distracting. Great images, but all I can see on them are the processing errors now.

Poor processing on 3 and 4. There are halos and artefacts galore which are very distracting. Great images, but all I can see on them are the processing errors now.
Thanks David, I'll revisit them and try something different. I'm still trying to get to grips with the 645 files and Lightroom's converter/profiles are nowhere near as good as the ones that they have for Canon. I ran the first three through Topaz (not the fourth) and maybe that's a better way forwards.

Bob

Lovely, can it carry any more missiles :rolleyes:

Back