Monthly Soups 12's 2012

Morning vicki welcome to tp and hope you are looking forward to the challenge food can be a very diverse subject so plenty of opportunity for something different good luck looking forward to see your images ,Andy

I'm still here! Have been moving home and my laptop is playing up at times when I need it! :bang:
Do we have two weeks in February to carry on with the first of our 12's? I've been able to uploaded pictures just now and have a look at what they are like. There are two I like and think are worth posting but I've got ideas i'd like to stage too! Here are a few, I used my camera on Auto. The pictures are not as good as they could be I guess? In the next couple of weeks I have a day beginners course with Manchester Photogenic :D

In one, I took a few while he was working in the chip shop and they did turn out a bit blurry while he was moving and would have been nice to get his face in there?

My photoshop is also playing up and not saving so I can open it up and share...:bonk: hoping to get it all sorted soon :) and to post more! (Hope I posted the photos in the right place too?)

So, I previewed and it seems I didn't put the pictures in the right place, I copied my URL from Flickr? Tried to upload to the gallery here but they were too big of a file?

Here's the link to Flickr, hope thats ok!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/victoriaoconnell/sets/72157629099625871/

Thanks
Vicki

chip butty (y) no more to be said :D ok good effort there with a good variety within your theme

Good effort Victoria. I like the guy sploshing vinegar around, but like Andy, chip butty...YUMMMMMM....

The cake shot is nice enough, but I think a low angle, with perhaps a shallower depth of field would have made for a better image, or rather, and additional image. :)

To post from flickr, click the 'share' tab over the image, the click on 'grab the code', select BBCode and it should give you the code you need to just paste into your posts here. Make sure you don't choose a size bigger then 1024 on longest side though ;)

Yxx

Food photography is notoriously difficult - especially the lighting. Well done - I like the prawns the most - although a chip butty would be nice ;-)

Happy leap year everyone!
Here are the photos I took for this months theme, I think they are quite poor really once again I need to try harder next time and bring my camera out more with me. Hope I can upload successfully on the 1st try! :)

1)

033 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr

2)

032 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr

I liked this theme Yv gave to me and was thinking about all the shots I could make more than actually taking any, which is a shame and I hope to get out of this habit. Thats why I joined in on this challenge too, to get a lot more active! Hope to do better next time! :)

The first one is great compositionally, it has rules of thirds, lead in lines, foreground interest, the lot! Only minor niggle is its slightly on the wonk and could do with a nudge anti-clockwise.

2nd one again uses reflections really well and I like the geese breaking the reflection. (y)

Oh yes, both also look much better viewed larger too. I think processing wise [and I know you have problems with this atm so not going to labour the point] but they are both just a tad 'flat', they could do with just a small nudge up on the contrast and saturation levels just to give them some umph!

Keep at it, every picture is a new lesson learnt, you are getting there :clap:

Thanks Yv! I'm glad you like them and I can see them looking a but flat now, I shot them on auto. My next theme I'll try and experiment more with settings and have my course soon so that should help too!

My theme for March is.... People at work! :)

Already I've brought my camera into work and have captured two skivers ha

:clap:

These are excellent Victoria, what a difference a month makes!

Within the limitations of your kit, I would try and isolate the subjects a bit more, especially the street ones and the librarian, by using as big an aperture as you can and keep as much distance between subject and background as possible. However, overall, a great set and so pleased to hear your confidence is improving too, mission accomplished! (y)

Very late! Here is my pet portraite of Bozwell, my new house mates cate. He is quite huge and very vocal. Also a few old photos I took with my iPhone of Mabel, my cat who I had to rehome not so long ago. I still get to see her and one day hope to get her back :)

Boz

IMG_3572 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr

Boz

IMG_3582 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr

Boz

IMG_3574 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr

Boz

IMG_3583 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr

Mabel

IMG_3243 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr

Mabel

IMG_2477 by victoria oconnell, on Flickr