South Lakeland Animal Park

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
No
I've been a long time lurker on TP, but have never managed to summon up the courage to post any of my pics - so here goes.

We were on holiday in the Lakes a couple of weeks ago and these shots were taken at South Lakeland Animal Park. All the photos are straight of the camera and loaded onto Flickr without any editing. The shot of the Lion was taken through a fence, hence the slight out focus areas.

Thanks for looking and any comments would be appreciated.

Pic 1 - Waiting to be fed
5120924205_aa675d3cb3_z.jpg

Pic 2 - Doc, Sleepy, Dopey, Sneezy and Bashful
5121526688_ae0bed1398_z.jpg

Pic 3 - Top Cat
5120921213_af14f645d7_z.jpg

Pic 4 - Let me at it!
5120919153_1ae9a26636_z.jpg

Good set, love your title for #2 - where is the park?

Gramps, thanks for the reply.
The park is in the South of the Lake District, about 5 miles from Barrow-in-Furness and is well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

I agree, good set :clap:. I like the compositions. The only thing I would say is #2 is a bit tight at the bottom though if you were perhaps concentrating on capturing the group before they scarpered I can understand why. I note you also mention they are straight out of the camera too. Lemurs can be such helpful posers!

Thanks for the comments folks.

#2 is full of humour, shame not all the feet are in shot, bit tight at the bottom

The only thing I would say is #2 is a bit tight at the bottom though if you were perhaps concentrating on capturing the group before they scarpered I can understand why

Yup, I agree that No2 is tight at the bottom. It actually annoys me, because I had already taken a couple of shots with only 3 Lemurs on the log and they were better framed. I was really hoping that I would get 7 of them to sit on the log ;)

4, isn't that a weird object for the lemur(?) to have found in his pen?

The Lemurs are free to roam around the park and this one had decided he wanted the lid from the spray paint can that a member of staff had left lying about - he was quite happy once he'd pulled it off and ran off with it :LOL:

Nice set of images.
I must get round to visiting this park at some time

Really nice pictures
#2 is great it is a shame about the cropped feet but still like the shot:)

Back