South Lakes Wild Animal Park - Female Leopard

Edit My Images
Yes
Critique more than welcome.

I took these a couple of months ago during a rainy trip to South Lakes Wild Animal Park in Dalton-in-Furness. Cropped but no PPing.

Shot 1 is the one I'm happiest with, shot at a distance of 20m plus with my 70-300 at 240mm. It was shot through the glass which I think has had a negative effect but tbh it could just be my photography! I've cropped it from the top to remove the fence which was visible behind. Some of the back of the cat is oof but at least the head area is in focus(ish).

I've got some cracking similar shots (in terms of what the cat is doing to the log etc) which are ruined by the reflection. I was flat on to the glass as much as possible with the hood on so would a polarising filter help next time?

5329344607_8ecb928ea1_z.jpg

Shot 2 isn't as interesting but it's the best one I got of them feeding. Again, conscious of the rear being oof but happy enough with the head and eyes.

5329963660_3213505002_z.jpg

If anybody feels a burning desire to play around with them in photoshop feel free.

Last edited:
Second shot is very nice, well done.

Damm it! I'd been reading a couple of other threads with some cheetah/leopard confusion and had leopards stuck in my head...

Cheers for the feedback/corrections!

The second shot is fantastic!

Great look on the animal's face!

hi nice 2nd shot what lens were you using I go regular to the park and haven't managed this much detail, like them both by the way.

forget that I just read the post in full serves me right for jumping straight to the photos

Back