South Stack Lighthouse - Holyhead - N.Wales

Edit My Images
Yes
Captured this whilst travelling from Peak District on way home, decided to take the long route via North and South Wales.

115129430.jpg

Regards

Nigel

Well worth the small detour then Nigel by the looks of things! I think you could get away with a smidge more contrast in the conversion though maybe.

Here is a version with a slightly increased contrast level, as request...

115131040.jpg

Regards

Nigel

Well worth the small detour then Nigel by the looks of things! I think you could get away with a smidge more contrast in the conversion though maybe.

Thanks for the comments Gandhi, I have pumped up the contrast slightly and reposted.

Hope you are well...

Regards

Nigel

That's some 'short-cut' home m8 :eek:

Good shot btw

DD

Cheers for the comments Dave...

I have the sense of direction of a stoned homing pigeon that can not read a map or feel the magnetic pull of the earth....

Regards

Nigel

Personally I prefer the original.... but I am just trying to appease the masses....

Dont want to get stoned or anything...

Nigel

Personally I prefer the original.... but I am just trying to appease the masses....

Dont want to get stoned or anything...

Nigel

Appease the masses ???

I make the count 2 all - which means no appeasement necessary in my book :D

DD

That is the long way home. The view from the lighthouse are nothing to right home about.

prefer the original edit. Lovely pic either way.

I prefer the original too Nigel, there's more detail in the lighthouse. :)

Nice Shot, I like the bw conversion but feel the dark cloud on the top left is a little distracting, maybe a slight crop would help :thinking:

btw, its the first post for me.

I'm torn. Can you do one inbetween? ;)

Lovely shot, I like the way the lighthouse leads my eyes into the photo.

Nice shot Nigel, I don't know what was on the right a little further but were you able to fit in a little more of the road? It may have made the lead in a little stronger. Great shot either way (y)

I like the original best. I tried to get shots of South Stack on my trip to Wales this year but didnt get anything nearly so good as yours.

Cheers for the comments Ladysue

That's some de tour !!

Well worth the effort.

Cheers Trappe

That is the long way home. The view from the lighthouse are nothing to right home about.

prefer the original edit. Lovely pic either way.

Thanks Ziploc

I prefer the original too Nigel, there's more detail in the lighthouse. :)

Thanks for the comments 68lbs

Definitely a fair bit of a detour that one :wacky::LOL:

I like the shot, prefer the original conversion to the "pumped-up" one

Simon

Thanks Simon

lovely shot nigel...personally, i prefer your edit...but not by much mate ;)

Cheers Stan

Nice Shot, I like the bw conversion but feel the dark cloud on the top left is a little distracting, maybe a slight crop would help :thinking:

btw, its the first post for me.

Thanks for the comments and welcome to the forum.

I'm torn. Can you do one inbetween? ;)

Cheers for the comment The23rdman

Prefer the original myself. And a nice B+W conversion at that(y)

Thanks Devitt

Like the edit much more punch , thanks

Thanks Neil

Lovely shot, I like the way the lighthouse leads my eyes into the photo.

Thanks for the comments Hashcake

Nice shot Nigel, I don't know what was on the right a little further but were you able to fit in a little more of the road? It may have made the lead in a little stronger. Great shot either way (y)

Thanks for the comments Ajo to the right of the frame is an unsightly box bridge that sans the gap between the mainland and the island that the lighthouse is on. Did not add much to the image and made the bottom right hand corner very busy so I got rid of it.

Regards

Nigel

The increased contrast image is definitely an improvement, as it helps bring out the clouds and sky more. B & W works well in this shot too imo

Hi Nigel
Lovely shot.
When I saw first shot, I too thought maybe a slight contrast boost, however I've looked at the edit alongside the original and I prefer the softer look of the first - You'll all be able to sleep now :LOL:

Torn between the two!! I love both, I think I might edge my favour towards the second.

Gary.

That is one very long detour home!!!

Fab pic, i live close by S Stack, its lovely around there :)

That's a lovely shot Nigel. I prefer the first shot. I love B & W shots of seascapes / landscapes and really like this. (y)

I was near Holyhead a few weeks ago and there was a great sunset so I shot over to South Stack but missed the best of it. Only managed three reasonable shots before the light really disappeared. As I was packing up a helicopter came skimming across the sea very low and scared the s%*t out of me. Hovered very close to where I was and put a spotlight onto me. I thought I was going to get beamed up :) I am going to have a look for those shots and put one up on here.

Chris :)

Back