South Yorkshire Locations for Truck Photography.

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice. I'm getting my first lorry soon and am obviously going to want some photos of it for my website. Of course getting a lorry isn't a cheap activity, all told its going to cost me, or at least my business, about £100k so budgets are more than a little strained at the moment. Add to that the fact I am currently switching from Canon to Fujifilm out of my personal resources and I don't have the money to lay out for a location to take the truck and snap away.

So, if you were shooting a tractor unit both with and without 45ft tri-axle curtain side trailer, (Overall running height will be 4.55m or 14ft11in if you are looking for a location with height restrictions) on a shoestring, where would you go?

The necessary information.

Truck will be located in Sheffield, just of Junction 31 M1. It will do about 10 to the gallon so the fewer miles to be traveled the better.

Space will be needed to do shots of the full combination, plus just the unit so space out of shot for a dropped trailer will be necessary.

Ideally it will be a place where I can park the vehicle overnight too, a) so I can get some light painted night shots of the vehicle and b) so I can just take my daily rest there and then go off to a job after shooting.

I'll only be doing static shots for now.

I would like either an industrial feel to the shots or a fully rural setting. Ideally, both!

Thanks guys.

Back