Southsea sunsets

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
I am liking these a lot Alby(y)

Some lovely light and textures

If I had to choose a favourite I think No 2 would clinch it. Would look good on anyones wall me thinks ;)

1st for me, seems like a lower viewpoint and thus works better for me. Alll three shore shots work though! Nice!

Although I like the vanishing point of the last one it kinda doesn't go anywhere for me (sounds daft? maybe!) and doesn't quite work.

Having spent the weekend in Southsea it's nice to see a different take on the usual fodder down on the south coast but agree that a longer exposure might have been beneficial to blur the sea just a bit makes it a bit better for me.

Bet it was cold down there too, it was freezing on Sat when I was out and about by the sea.

The sun setting over the sea is one of the things I really miss from living in Portsmouth. You've captured it well, love the first couple of shots.

Lovely Set!! No3 for me def! I have been working in Portsmouth for the last 5 weeks and am so gutted I haven been able to experience the scenes you have captured! I am here for another week- so fingers crossed il be able to get out with the camera!!

The best view I have here is the ferry customs!!!!!

Thanks for Sharing, Greatly appreciated!!!

Stacey

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, all very much appreciated ;)

Seems you're great at landscapes too ;) Really lovely set - everything works for me :)

Great set Alby. Where along the front did you take the last one? I'm not sure if i've ever noticed that before.

Thanks folks for commenting, the last one is Eastney just along from the Hayling ferry.

Oh yeah! it's the jetty/pier at the harbour entrance!:bang:

Hang on! Isn't that next to the nudist beach.........;) :D

Haha yes but it's safe to go there in the freezing cold of winter as anything on show is normally shrivelled up anyway :LOL:

First 3 are very nice (y) not so keen on the last one.
Ken.

brilliant

Thanks for commenting folks your words are very much appreciated ;)

Back