Southstack Light House

The horizon needs straightening, and the lighthouse tower is too central.....a different crop/composition would've made all the difference!! A bit more sky would've helped too!! (y)

Nice spot though, definitely worth a re-visit if it's possible?! :)

Horizon needs straightening and the lighthouse is rather central in shot. Darken the sky slightly also, but overall a very pleasing image.

Thanks guys , see what you mean about the sky and horizon and it could maybe do with a crop to make the lighthouse off centre . The shot is taken straight out of camera and not been edited but will certainly give your recommendations a go in photoshop . It was a fantastic day not like the usual temperamental weather I usually experience when I visit !! I'm lucky to have parents who have a caravan on Anglesey so I can visit there regular , it's a beautiful part of the world , thanks for your cc and feedback much appreciated :)

The horizon does need a teeeeeny adjustment, but I don't mind the central placement of the stack.

Did you walk down to it? It's a beggar of a climb back lol

I think one of the big attractions of South Stack is its dramatic setting which doesn't really come across in this composition...I think using some of the dramatic clifftop as foreground/context would make it a stronger image

just my thoughts

Simon

Thanks al , I agree too. Will have to have a go at it in photoshop ,
Thanks for your feed back Ruth , glad you like the shot, I went with my son but we didn't have the time to go down to the stack, we just went along the cliff tops and to Ellins tower! But from what I remember all those steps were a killer !!!

Thanks for your cc and feedback Simon much appreciated :) I agree it's a very dramatic place , as you say it doesn't really come out in the shot , next time I visit I will take your thoughts on board ! And try better comp and angle . Thanks again :)

Back