Spa Francorchamps 6h Classic

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
I went back to Spa for my 2nd visit this year (ahh yeah) to cover the Spa 6h Classic.
A really good, and well attended event, with some great racing, and fantastic grids too. It was a great opportunity to shoot into the night too, which is a rarity for me.
I concentrated on trying to work on shooting other elements of the event rather than exclusively shooting blurry pans of cars on track (like my usual flex)
Be interested to hear anyones thoughts. Thanks for looking

1) The joy of Driver Changes
6heuresduSpa-2 by Matty, on Flickr

2) Pit Lane stripes
6heuresduSpa-6 by Matty, on Flickr

3) Grid Walk
6heuresduSpa-16 by Matty, on Flickr

4) Preparation
6heuresduSpa-32 by Matty, on Flickr

5) First Lap
6heuresduSpa-36 by Matty, on Flickr

6) My favourite place to stand in the whole world I think!
6heuresduSpa-51 by Matty, on Flickr

7) And yeah, some of that blurry nonsense that I'm probably associated with
The Spirit of Eau Rouge 2 by Matty, on Flickr

8) Oh look, its dark, lets rock a light trail
The Spirit of Eau Rouge 1 by Matty, on Flickr

Cheers

Good set, like number 7, not so sure about number 8, I think the sign takes away from the overall effect of the light trails. I prefer the image on your flicker..number 80.

Cracking pics, I really like number 1 as its just so unusual, and I think number 3 is a great picture too. 8 is good, I'm going to take a look on your Flickr now.

Spa is my favourite track on the F1 circuit, although I'd love to experience Singapore and Austin - I understand from some positions you can see most of the track as it's like a bowl - a bit like Brazil.

Great set, #3 is awesome!

Thanks very much, it was a great feeling to be able to shoot those beautiful cars on the grid

Good set, like number 7, not so sure about number 8, I think the sign takes away from the overall effect of the light trails. I prefer the image on your flicker..number 80.

Cheers Paul, that image on flickr felt a little empty to me, it's amazing how little time you have to shoot the shots you want, even on a 6h race. I guess the only thing for it is to shoot the 24 hour stuff from now on!! Thanks for your thoughts mate

Cracking pics, I really like number 1 as its just so unusual, and I think number 3 is a great picture too. 8 is good, I'm going to take a look on your Flickr now.

Spa is my favourite track on the F1 circuit, although I'd love to experience Singapore and Austin - I understand from some positions you can see most of the track as it's like a bowl - a bit like Brazil.

Thanks Marc, Spa is a great circuit for drivers, but I think it offers some of the best spectating as well. There's a number of positions where you can see the action for a good sequence of corners.
It's definitely one of my favourite places to shoot, and each time I am there, standing on the inside of Eau Rouge never fails to blow me away.
Much appreciated!

Interesting mix, good off track shots Matty, last 3 are still my favourites though

Thanks Neil, the off track stuff is what I'd really like to work on more, but I'm glad you enjoyed the set regardless!

Great varied set really like 3+6

Thanks very much Gary, 6 was a new angle that I wanted to try, so I'm glad it works for you!

I really enjoyed looking through these on Flickr when you posted them. Good use of imagination in 1 & 2, #3 is spot on, I think it's a shame that the people are in front of the GT40 in #4, 6 is executed very well, it's a shot I've never tried.

I really enjoyed looking through these on Flickr when you posted them. Good use of imagination in 1 & 2, #3 is spot on, I think it's a shame that the people are in front of the GT40 in #4, 6 is executed very well, it's a shot I've never tried.

Thanks Paul, sorry I missed your reply on this thread. It's a really fun event to shoot but was very busy, which meant I had a bit of a fight for angles, not what I've experienced at the quieter events at Spa that I've covered before.
Much appreciated mate

All great, the shot of the TVR is really good.

Thanks very much, its my favourite spot in motorsport right there!

No. 2 is a great spot, my favourite of a great set.

Thank you, the new Pit at Spa has some great lines to play with!!

#2 is the best from this set. Nice variation mate.

Thanks as always homie

my favourite track
love no.6

Thank you, its a hell of a circuit, and I can't wait to get back there in 2017

Fantastic set. Can't pick a favourite.
Much appreciated. I love shooting here, and I've already got a few new ideas to play with in 2017 over there!

Superb set,I really like the variation in the shots, great work!

Thank you, thats very much appreciated!!

Some really great shots with very original/unique perspectives (y)

Great set and good to see something a little different. No. 2 is a particular favourite.

Thanks very much, the pit at spa does offer some really good photo opportunities.

Some really great shots with very original/unique perspectives (y)

Cheers, I tried to break away from my normal on track stuff and mix it up a little. Can't wait to head back next year!!

Spa is a wonderful place. Have spent a fair amount of time driving around it and all different seasons. I love how the appearance changes through the year. Have also run it on foot and it's a bit errrr steep.

You have captured it really nicely indeed. Well done.

Back