SpaceX Starship Launch

missed launch by minutes ! what happened , something falling , explosion , and a camera fell over ??
It launched, cleared the tower, got through Max Q and got to about 40km altitude but the stage separation failed, dropped into a spin and exploded.

I also counted 5 or 6 engines on the first stage did not light? Probably not connected at all. At least it cleared the tower and achieved max q :)

No, test flight only. Although fully fuelled.

So what do you think a space exploration company should spend its money on?

I'm not sure we should be exploring space. Look how well we've screwed up THIS planet - should we be exporting that expertise?

All that money that could have been put to better use.
My thoughts exactly. I read that they blew it up as it had gone out of control, but there were videos of loads of people cheering as it happened. Don't think I'd be cheering if my boss had just detonated billions of dollars. What a world. They'll be saying boys can be girls and vice versa next. Oh, they are! Sod it!

All that money that could have been put to better use.
Yes, and on a global scale, so could your income and that of most people.
Where do ideas like that stop?
It is their business, and they hope to profit from it in the future, and if they do, no doubt thousands of others will as well

My thoughts exactly. I read that they blew it up as it had gone out of control, but there were videos of loads of people cheering as it happened. Don't think I'd be cheering if my boss had just detonated billions of dollars. What a world. They'll be saying boys can be girls and vice versa next. Oh, they are! Sod it!
IMO the guys with many bllions don't care abt how much money they might detonate. Profit, money etc is just the first level of "human's values and targets". There is a next level which is exhaustively described in one of the last phrases of The Devil's Advocate movie, expressed by Al Pachino: "Vanity is my favorite sin". (If I recall it right) At that level money has no matter.

Who is Al Pachino?

Camera shop visit... Mmmmmm ;)
Yes, and with that amount of money, you might just be able to afford a Nikon Z9 but you'd have to be a bit choosy on which lens to pair it with or you won't be able to afford it. :)

I do find it amusing that they are framing it as a success when it didn't totally achieve what it set out to do, and also broke up in the air! :thinking: That's the way to control the 'narrative', especially with stock prices to consider. :rolleyes:

As for money being wasted, it's their money. Spend how you want. It's not coming out of my pocket in any way. :)

And should 'we' be exploring space! 'We' should always be trying to expand 'our' knowledge, because you never know where it will lead, and what benefits their may be. And if 'we' waited for the best time to explore and innovate, we'd probably still be living in mud shacks. And you will only be 'exporting' that expertise if there is somewhere and someone to export that to, and currently there is no one up there bar us.

Back