spaniel x - does this work?

Name
suze
Edit My Images
No
shame about the post behind her...

she escaped onto the garden (its fenced off - she digs) but i just decided to snap away anyhow and this is one of them - this wasnt a planned shot (thats my excuse if its bad haha)...

i put it in black and white as i think it works better?
apart from the post behind.what do you think??

im a beginner - go gentle!

DSC_0671copy.jpg

:)

Hi nice picture, as you say post in the background is unfortunate, and just ashame the top of the dogs head is just clipped off. I've had a play (hope you dont mind?) just sharpening a tad, slight adjustment on shadows and highlights, and cropping a bit tighter, see what you think. Remember a photo is subjective, what seems good to someone else may not suit your tastes!!!

Last edited:
no i dont midn at all !

can you tell me what you did and how? im learning and although i dont edit much its helpful to know??

a fram really does finish it off - i will remember that for future postings too :)

What a gorgeous spaniel though, but I am biased!!! I love the way you've caught the catchlights in her eyes!!

Looks like there might be a bit of BC in the mix there ;)

I don't think the post is too much of a distraction, however it would be dead easy to clone it out if it was really bothering you

What a gorgeous spaniel though, but I am biased!!! I love the way you've caught the catchlights in her eyes!!

thank you very much :) i love spaniels but my fave breed are BC's - did have 2.:) (but dont tell her...) :LOL:

i love black and white shots more than colour sometimes.... with her though she has such stunning eyes that sometimes its a shame for the b/w.

i will get a colour one up here later so you can see what i mean :)

Looks like there might be a bit of BC in the mix there ;)

I don't think the post is too much of a distraction, however it would be dead easy to clone it out if it was really bothering you

shes x border collie :D

and no- the post dosent really bother me - purely as im just draw to her eyes as (ok biased) shes so stunning :LOL:

COMPLETELY UNEDITED!!

actually this was the one of the first five pics i EVER took!!! :LOL:

just to show her eyes and what im chatting about above!! :LOL:

croftshow28thdec-cameratest0022.jpg

:)

Great shot, draws alot of attention to dogs eyes, only niggle is his/her ear is slightly out of the frame, but i wouldnt grumble with that shot (y)

infact having a third and fourth look its only the hair on the ear too minor to even worry about, cracking shot and yes i also think the black and white works

Spaniels are great aren't they? So trusting, so faithful, so intelligent.

Shame you missed the top of her ear - but a lovely photo never-the-less.

Whilst we're sharing, here's a quick one of, Bernard, our English Springer Spaniel.

Again, one of the first photos I took on a DSLR.

bun.jpg

infact having a third and fourth look its only the hair on the ear too minor to even worry about, cracking shot and yes i also think the black and white works

Great shot, draws alot of attention to dogs eyes, only niggle is his/her ear is slightly out of the frame, but i wouldnt grumble with that shot (y)

I like it. It is a slight pity for the top of the head but the post doesn't really bother me as the background is nicely blurred. B&W does suit her :)

Spaniels are great aren't they? So trusting, so faithful, so intelligent.

Shame you missed the top of her ear - but a lovely photo never-the-less.

Whilst we're sharing, here's a quick one of, Bernard, our English Springer Spaniel.

Again, one of the first photos I took on a DSLR.

bun.jpg

thank you all :)

shame for her really as shes having a scan on thurs - she is lame on 3 legs... yes 3!!

so shes on rest (Except for photos where she gets treatedfor sitting still lol!)

bernard is lovely :D

ive always had colies so this springy mad thing is a wake up call :LOL:

Back