Critique Spanish city Dome - whitley bay

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
A Couple more using my new 10 stopper, coupled with a KOOD ND4 + ND2 and a Cokin 2 stop ND Grad.

Super bright day so had to stack the filters to get a reasonably long exposure to get the cloud movement I wanted.

framing on these is the way it is because the rest of the building is horrible. Its a Grade ll listed building but has been completely neglected and is surrounded by big wooden barriers. Sad as at one point a long time ago it was really beautiful.

>>>>> This <<<<<
is what it used to look like, before it fell into its current state. There is actually a Big lottery fund to try and get it back to its former glory however its proving to take an awful lot of work, more than I think they ever anticipated.

1) 41 seconds // f16 // 37mm // ISO100

2) 66 seconds // f16 // 27mm // ISO100

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:
Nick well done for managing to get the shots you were seeking - I'm stuck learning more basics & filters aren't even in my thoughts yet :)

The only thing that keeps catching my eye is the colour of the flag mast on the first should it be white, or is it reflecting cloud/sky colour, or have you caught it in the PP :thinking:

I wonder what Mark Knopfler would think of the place now!

Those of use from a certain era might remember....

.....And girl it looks so pretty to me just like it always did
Like the Spanish city to me when we were kids
Oh girl it looks so pretty to me just like it always did

I hope they finish it soon, I'd like to come and have a look and jog a few memories!

Chris

I like No1, that's different :)

I wonder what Mark Knopfler would think of the place now!

Those of use from a certain era might remember....

.....And girl it looks so pretty to me just like it always did
Oh girl it looks so pretty to me just like it always did

I hope they finish it soon, I'd like to come and have a look and jog a few memories!

Chris

Thanks for bringing my fave lyrics alive! Didnt even realise they refferred to this building.

Back