Spare batteries for Canon 70D

I can't comment on those exact ones, but I got a couple of cheap ones of and well known auction site and they charged up OK and work fine in the camera, although I am not sure you will get the life cycle out of them.

If you go with Hahnel HL-E6 Battery (Canon LP-E6) £29.00 at Wex Photo. Good battery. (y)

Thanks for the replies.... this looks like a bit of a minefield! I didn't realise that Canon were effectively encoding their cameras/batteries to identify non original ones. I have had an aftermarket cheap one in my 600D without any problems, including using it in the battery grip with the genuine Canon......

Not too much of a minefield.

7dayshop batteries have served me well for years. I have always found them to hold charge better than Canon equivalent. You can buy a 2 pack LPE6 equivalent for less than £15.00, not including pp. They are advertised to work on the 70d. If they don't, the returns process is simple to use. But I suspect they will work. :)

Not too much of a minefield.

7dayshop batteries have served me well for years. I have always found them to hold charge better than Canon equivalent. You can buy a 2 pack LPE6 equivalent for less than £15.00, not including pp. They are advertised to work on the 70d. If they don't, the returns process is simple to use. But I suspect they will work. :)

Thanks Kev. I may well give these a try. As you say, if they don't work they can be returned.

I have used 7 day shop batteries for some 5 years in my 40d. They were purchased within days of getting the camera. The original Canon battery died a year or so back, the 7 days hop ones are still going strong. I use the LPE6 batteries in my newer 7d and they are very good. Yep, if they don't work, send them back, no problem. :D

I bought some 7dayshop ones & have been working great for months now.:)

Have only ever bought 1 non OE battery. Couldn't get it into the camera. So I buy canon batteries only.

I had a few 3rd party batteries when I got my 70D, on its release date, and they wouldn't work in the 70D and I had problems with the same in my 5D3 after the firmware was updated. I bit the bullet and bought a bunch of genuine Canon ones (I got a good price for ordering 6 at the same time to go with the 2 that came with the bodies). At that time I couldn't find any 3rd party ones that were fully compatible (I had the same with a grip for the 70D, no 3rd party so I got a Canon one) but it really didn't take too long before there was some being advertised as fully compatible. All the 3rd party batteries I had were very good, lasted a long time and performed as well as the Canon ones until I got the 70D, if I got a new 70D now I'd look for some cheaper batteries and a grip instead of the Canon brand.

I can't comment on those exact ones, but I got a couple of cheap ones of and well known auction site and they charged up OK and work fine in the camera, although I am not sure you will get the life cycle out of them.

Well I was right about the life cycle, one is completley dead and the other is only good for about 30-40 shots. So lesson learnt there

I've always used Duracell ones that I've bought from Amazon on my Canon cameras, have always been excellent and charge wise perform just as well as OEM.

I have a couple of the new high power Hahnel, the orange ones, and they are just as good as the Canon original.

Chris

You do have to charge and fully discharge these batteries a few times before they are at full capacity

Back