Spare battery for WHF visit?

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Going to WHF next Thursday and just had a thought that I may need a spare battery and wondered if anyone could advise. I have a 7d mk2

Thanks

Always worth having a spare battery since they can (and do!) cr@p out at the most inconvenient times (such as failing to accept any charge at 6pm on a Saturday evening when you want to get out for sunrise on the Sunday...) I would avoid the super cheapo e-bay types and go for a branded one from a reputable supplier (not necessarily an original manufacturers' one, just a reputable brand such as Duracell etc..)

You will love it. A spare battery is a really good idea. I stupidly forgot mine last time I went and only just made it through the day on the one.

Thanks for your suggestions, looks like a spare needs to be bought then. I was thinking of getting a Canon original for about £60, are the other brands as good?

I bought a hahnel? One from jessops think it was about £25 seems pretty good so far.

Thanks for your suggestions, looks like a spare needs to be bought then. I was thinking of getting a Canon original for about £60, are the other brands as good?
In my experience the third party batteries are never quite as good as the originals but if you buy a branded one like Duracell r hanhell they are so close as to make the canon price frankly ridiculous!

I went for original Canon in the end for £59, it has a higher mah of 1850 compared to 1400 of Durcell, plus I could drive to hdew and pick it up as I did not want to risk it not being delivered in time.

The Canon battery is actually made by Panasonic.

Thanks for your help

Back