Spark Storm

Name
Rhod
Edit My Images
Yes
Another image from my second attempt at spinning wirewool. Had it printed and entered it in the camera club monthly comp. Hopefully should confuse the heck out of the judge:LOL:

6820394109_e93deefc2f_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Comments and critique always appreciated;)

Hard to fault that, great shot

Hard to disagree. It's well exposed and some cracking detail.

I'd like to see the whole of the spin, though, and that would have been an absolute stunner.

I really like how the sparks are rolling over the pebbles...(y)

Cheers.

Hard to fault that, great shot

The horizon is out:D;)

You should have seen the last one;) :LOL:

Hard to disagree. It's well exposed and some cracking detail.

I'd like to see the whole of the spin, though, and that would have been an absolute stunner.

I really like how the sparks are rolling over the pebbles...(y)

Cheers.

Thanks! It's pretty hard trying to frame something which isn't there and keeping the camera in range of my cheapo trigger. Got some more wool today so will have another go with your advice in mind;)

Last edited:
Really good spin, look as is you were either using some very fine wool or a cage with very small holes, as the sparks are very thin, not im saying thats a bad thing as it works really well

Really great (y) I hope that this does well for you in your club competition (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt, tbh the judges can be such know it alls I thought I'd enter it to try to confuse:LOL:

Really good spin, look as is you were either using some very fine wool or a cage with very small holes, as the sparks are very thin, not im saying thats a bad thing as it works really well

Spot on mate! Both fine wool and a cage with 2 x 1cm holes. The cage didn't last though the wool melted the bottom out of it:LOL:

Great effect, but I felt there was a even stronger image by cropping just the lower part below the rings of wirewool. That way the judge has no ideal of how it is formed.

Back