Sparrow in flght

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I'm new to bird photography, usually I take photo's of flora as part of my work (I'm an ecologist by trade).

We've always had feeders in the garden but I never had a lens capable of capturing a decent image.

However, I decided to diversify in May and took the pluge and bought a Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM Lens (HOW MUCH!!:bonk:) following a visit to Argaty Red Kites in Doune, Stirlingshire. First outing with said lens was a return trip the following week.

Still very much at the learning stages, and more go in the bin than the save file at the moment. :LOL:

Anyhow, it's all good fun and here's a little chap who came a visiting while I was out having a coffee.

Sparrow_in_flight.jpg

OOER...........now thats good, really like the detail in the head, body and the blur of the wings are the tops, blurred to capture the speed yet some detail is still there, and my favourite............perfect DoF

TOP PHOTO

Very nice :) They are not easy to catch are they? I have some fun (hair pulling out) in my garden practising!

I bet! I shot a fair bit of film while I was doing a Uni course... even that bit cost a bomb, makes you shoot differently though. I do think a lot more than just banging them out :)

Very nice like the wing movement, not easy to get a bird in flight(y)

Could just be my monotor but looks a tad dark

Back