Sparrow

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_V2C6002.jpg

Thanks for looking

Lovely detailed Spuggie shot, lots of feather definition, catchlight in the eye is good.
Pleasing photo.

Lovely photo as others have said the amount of detail caught is great, for me the bg is nice too, and the catchlight in the eye all make a superb image.

That's a fantastic sharp shot Tom, but that damned green cast is still there mate.

Is this the 300mm 2.8?

Edited version as discussed Tom. :)

This just with the wb set to 6500K (Daylight)

3074261930_4857bd6798_o.jpg

Last edited:
Superb image. We don't see enough of these lovely birds.

Same image with just a tad of contrast added.

3073436413_8ccb90a471_o.jpg

That's a fantastic sharp shot Tom, but that damned green cast is still there mate.

Is this the 300mm 2.8?

Many thanks fCT or taking the time to do the 2 edits very much appreciated.

It was the Canon 300 f/2.8 IS - there is a chance I had the 1.4 TC for this image as I was switching the TC for various shots. I'll check later in the week when I am by my editing m/c and confirm.

Tom

We may have solved this - it's possibly due to Tom shooting through tinted double glazing glass - the cast isn't evident in his deer shots. I get a god awful blue green cast if I shoot through my windows, which is a bugger to correct. I have got rid of it by shooting a grey card custom white balance shot through the glass, but the biggest problem is my tinted glass loses me a whole stop in speed too, and that's the last thing you need, especially as my garden is in shadow for a lot of the day.

We may have solved this - it's possibly due to Tom shooting through tinted double glazing glass - the cast isn't evident in his deer shots. I get a god awful blue green cast if I shoot through my windows, which is a bugger to correct. I have got rid of it by shooting a grey card custom white balance shot through the glass, but the biggest problem is my tinted glass loses me a whole stop in speed too, and that's the last thing you need, especially as my garden is in shadow for a lot of the day.

Thanks for your help CT - that is a very sharp eye you have (y)

Tom

Open the window ;)

This is a very nice sparrow shot, and I actually like the colours in the first one.

Open the window ;)

This is a very nice sparrow shot, and I actually like the colours in the first one.

Many thanks Matt for your comments which are very much appreciated.

:nono: If only it was as easy as opening the windows - its ever rehanging the door to open the other way or moving the tree.

Tom

Many thanks all for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

CT (y) many thanks for your time and assistance on this

Tom

Hey Tom, your photos have a certain quality that I could recognise now that I followed your posts in the forum. Congradulations mate, another great example of bird photography!

Hey Tom, your photos have a certain quality that I could recognise now that I followed your posts in the forum. Congradulations mate, another great example of bird photography!

Many thanks stylgeo for your valued comments, as always vey much appreciated.

Tom

Excellent shot, lovely detail and great pose. I've not had a single sparrow in my garden for the two years I've lived here.

Excellent shot, lovely detail and great pose. I've not had a single sparrow in my garden for the two years I've lived here.

Thanks OneTen for your kind comments which are very much valued and appreciated.

Tom

:clap: Lovely shot of a lovely bird and the detail is superb.

Many thanks Busby for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

Tom

Beautifull capture..dof is very nice and the uncluttered background works a treat!

Beautifull capture..dof is very nice and the uncluttered background works a treat!

Thanks StuartH for your valued comments which are very much appreciated.

Tom

Back