Sparrowhawk Feeding (contains blood and guts)

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Caught this Sparrowhawk feasting in the garden last autumn. Thought I might make a first post in this section and share the shots...

It was quite late in the day, at the top of the garden in the shade under our tree, so light levels were low. As a result, these shots were at f5.6 and about 1/30th.

1)
MurderBurd03.jpg

2)
MurderBurd04.jpg

3)
MurderBurd05.jpg

4)
MurderBurd06.jpg

5)
MurderBurd07.jpg

6)
MurderBurd10.jpg

Lovley looking young female (y)
There is a little motion blur in the 1st but they are all pretty damned good

Just stunning, and SO sharp! What lens were you using for this? Awesome capture, and there must be some pretty awesome technique to get no motion blur at 1/30! :clap:

Chris

Just stunning, and SO sharp! What lens were you using for this? Awesome capture, and there must be some pretty awesome technique to get no motion blur at 1/30! :clap:

Chris
These were with the EF 70-300 IS on my 20D. I think I probably had the IS on to help, but I find it has a negative impact on sharpness, so I tend to avoid using it most of the time.

I like those, and actually like the effect of the motion blur in the first one (y)

Why do I never see them catch anything :bonk:

Thats a female by the way

Cracking set especially the last one. Like the motion blur in the first too (y)

Give me a break Cobra, I went to the opticians last week and have not got my new specs yet :D

I'm showing off as I got mine a couple of weeks ago :p :D

A superb set of story tale images of nature in action... (y)

What makes you say that Cobra... :shrug: ... she looks pretty grown up to me... :D
:p

Okie dokie
The size (compared to the dove) and the "trousers" extended leg feathers and the colouration
( but thats a tricky one and depends on other factors as well)
Make it a female (y)

Look closely at the mail ( chest feathers) and you will see little "hearts" patterned in there.
The story goes that there are 146 ( I think) the number of birds that died to help the spar reach "fledgeling"
These "hearts" disappear in a second year Spar
( once moulted into adult plumage)
Now I have give all my "secrets" away :p

:LOL: ... cheers Cobra I got the female bit it was the 'young' part that I needed educating on... :D ... I consider myself duly educated... ;)

I'm sure you've got plenty more secrets though... :naughty:

:LOL: ... cheers Cobra I got the female bit it was the 'young' part that I needed educating on... :D ... I consider myself duly educated... ;)

I'm sure you've got plenty more secrets though... :naughty:

(y)
none that I am prepared to share on an open forum :D

A really good set...........well caught under difficult circumstances. :clap::clap:

Back