Sparrowhawk Taking a Juvenile Dipper

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
100_7578_7D.jpg

100_7586_7D.jpg

Thanks for looking (y)

Wow stunnning pictures, some people have all the luck (y)

Great capture, but you have to feel sorry for the dipper. The look in the eye of the Sparrowhawk is what makes this shot a winner.

I like them very sharp how did you get the shot if you dont mind ma asking (y)

That's a stunning photograph....have to agree with Ken about the eye making a great shot even better.

Many thanks for the comments.

...how did you get the shot if you dont mind ma asking (y)

I was looking for Dippers along the river at Brock Bottom and could hear the juveniles calling for food. I got myself into position to shoot the juvenile when the Sparrowhawk filled my viewfinder and scared the crap out of me. I just pressed the shutter.

7D, EF 500mm f/4 with 1.4x extender

Great shot mate, looks like you were in the right place at the right time snapping away at dippers when a sparrie hawk swooped down :clap:

didnt type fast enough.

Last edited:
OK you've sold your sole to the devil:D

Never mind a stunning shot with such details of a Sparrow hawk, but a dipper as well.

Great shots love them both(y)

Guess we all live for those moments, trouble is on the od occasion it happens to me I forget to press the shutter... great capture well done

That is amazing Richard, feel sorry for the dipper but a sprawks gotta eat too.

Andy

Well caught mate (y) shame about the dipper though

Regards

Richard

Shows the more brutal side of nature, but still compelling images.
Brilliant taken images though!

GIT ;):LOL:

great shot mate, how are you going to top that :clap::clap:

Wow, great capture :)

What a superb action shot. You did really well to keep your cool and to capture the moment so perfectly.

You can see now why Richard is banned from all of our TP meets :)

Excellent capture matey and I don't think it's lucky at all, if you go out as often as you do then (luck) will hit it right sooner or later :clap:

I wonder how long you would have to wait to get another chance of that, brilliant!

Bloody hell Richard,superb.........(y)

Bet you could sit there for years and never see that again.

Cheers. Well I'm going back this afternoon, not to recreate this but to try and get a decent shot of a Dipper...still my bogey bird

Cheers. Well I'm going back this afternoon, not to recreate this but to try and get a decent shot of a Dipper...still my bogey bird

Funny that,Gary and I are doing the very same thing.........:LOL:

Back