Sparrowhawk

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Snapped this morning at Willsbridge. It's a pretty heavy crop.

11w7du.jpg

Mike.

Last edited:
i like how he's looking straight at you, good IQ for a heavy crop aswell. what lens did you use?

Thanks guys. It wasn't very close this time but I'll be watching out for him (her?).
It checked out a magpie's nest shortly after I snapped this pic, settling in and testing for size, then a magpie appeared, said "No way" and kicked it out. It could have had the magpie for breakfast but it just flew away.
@Andy, Sony 70-400mm G. :)

Last edited:
Those eyes are something else would'nt want to be on his menu, saw one the other day drinking from a stream he clocked me and was gone in a flash.

Great capture, the surrounding branches remind me that he can fly at full pelt through the maze of them, brilliant.

well done getting the shot we had one in our garden a while ago but he was too quick for me
Pete

Great capture, the surrounding branches remind me that he can fly at full pelt through the maze of them, brilliant.
I watched the bird do exactly that a few days earlier. It wasn't after a catch though - I'd tried to sneak up on it, snapped a dry bramble twig underfoot and it was off. :bang:

Thanks again for the comments, peeps. :)

Hi Eccles

I live close to Keynsham.

Where is the "Willsbridge" reserve.

I am looking for some dippers?

Back