Sparrowhawk

Edit My Images
Yes
Horrible grey, wet and windy day, and it turned really cold.

This bird made several visits to the area around the feeders, and landed briefly for a split second.

She returned later and took a Bluetit off the fatball feeder as sweet as a nut, all over in the blink of an eye ... unfortunately I was pointing the lens the other way trying to nail the Marsh Tit.

238_040.jpg

Beautiful catch Martyn, I love the detail in the bird especially the eye, you did well, they dont hang around long. I wonder if this isn the one we saw momentarily on Thursday, its likely but imposible to be sure. Cheers (y)

Excellent shot(y)

Shame you missed it "picking up" it's lunch though:LOL:

Superb shot, is this the after Blue Tit lunch shot.

Before :D

Beautiful catch Martyn, I love the detail in the bird especially the eye, you did well, they dont hang around long. I wonder if this isn the one we saw momentarily on Thursday, its likely but imposible to be sure. Cheers (y)

I would think it is the same bird

Nice shot actualy realy nice shot(y)

What I'm aiming for with one of these. One come to a place I go and it sounds like it may be the same place;) Always miss him though.

Excellent capture Martyn.

Excellent shot, Martyn. The eye is piercing sharp.

Beauty :clap:
King of the garden, never been able to point a camera at one and seen a few but you've done a great job on that one.

Fantastic capture Martyn sharp and colour balance superb.
Not forgetting well framed.
Regards
Paul.

A great full length shot Martyn of a lovely looking bird (y)

Cracking shot Martyn, I love the colours and detail around the eye. Well done! :clap:

Cheers

Lovely shot Martyn. An opportunity well taken - they tend not to sit up for long.

Great shot, oddly enough we had one of these in our garden this morning, perched on our compost heap for ages, looked as if it was a starling it had caught. Unfortunately our cameras were all at Durham in the studio!!

Great shot, oddly enough we had one of these in our garden this morning, perched on our compost heap for ages, looked as if it was a starling it had caught. Unfortunately our cameras were all at Durham in the studio!!

That is sod's law Brian :D ... I have had them land too close to get all of the bird in shot, especially when I have the TC on.

Back