Sparrowhawk.

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
I would really appreciate it if people would take a look at my Personal 52 and leave a few comments on my sparrowhawk images.

I am quite proud of my images, but feel very disheartened as all the other threads that i have looked at titled sparrowhawk, have had a lot more comments than mine.

I no its a link, which normally doesnt go down to well, but i really would appreciate some more comments.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=290708

5479236103_ef136e9f10_b.jpg

5479836080_db36101d25_b.jpg

Last edited:
Why don't you upload the images instead of a link that way more people will have a look.
The link you posted shows a load of other images as well as the Sparrow Hawk.
The first one is well out of focus and the second is still OOF but not so much.

Dai

Why don't you upload the images instead of a link that way more people will have a look.
The link you posted shows a load of other images as well as the Sparrow Hawk.
The first one is well out of focus and the second is still OOF but not so much.

Dai

I dont think that there out of focus. The first image the focus is a little off, as its in the center of his head/beak, rather than the eyes and the second the focus is on the eye.
But thanks for your comments.

Sammy as said your better posting the images rather than the link as it puts others off.As for your images--the focus on the 1st as said is slightly off and the shallow DOF makes the eye slightly OOF.The other image again the shallow DOF doesnt help as the beak isnt sharp but the bright blue in the background if offputting.Its a lovely looking bird and hope it survived.

I dont think that there out of focus. The first image the focus is a little off, as its in the center of his head/beak, rather than the eyes and the second the focus is on the eye.

:agree:

A couple of good shots.
I prefer the second one as it just looks mean! I'd be tempted to crop the first one down a bit to lose the face in the background as it takes away the focus of the image.

I agree that No1 is well oof and the second is slightly so. I don't think that the images do the bird justice, obviously captive, and would look better if it were taken in more natural suroundings. However a good attempt.

Gordon

Thank you for all of your comments.
I agree about the backgrounds.
And looking at the images further i can see that maybe they are slightly OOF. These were some of the first shots that i took with my 5D MKII, still a lot to learn!

I appreciate your comments :)

Back