Sparrows. This time it cost me Chips & Bread.

Edit My Images
Yes
Last time I took Sparrows it cost me a biscuit, this time some chips & bread.
C&C welcome.

1.My bread.
3602214109_cbd277e123_o.jpg

2.Please sir, can I have some more?
3603027468_7ef6aaee67_o.jpg

3. OK, put that camera down & give us more food?????
3602213857_cb8fb0395e_o.jpg

Hope you like them.

Wow, I'm surprised there was no more C&C about my Sparrows. No one like them? I was quite pleased with them. Here is one cropped more to show more detail. If you don't like them please say, it all helps.:)

3611055988_ca994d64df_o.jpg

Well, it appears youve taken down your first images, so I cant comment on those!
I do like the image you left in place and the detail in the crop is great (though some of the feather detail looks just a smidge over-sharpened).

I think now that you have managed to get such good shots with the bird perched on the manmade surface, why not persevere a little and see if you can catch one perched on something more natural-looking.
Also, on the fullsize image, Id like to have seen a little more space infront of the beak to give the bird 'more space to look into' and perhaps a little less space behind to stop the bird looking too centrally placed.

Jmo, of course but I hope it helps a little :)

Gary thanks for the link. That explains why sometimes, some photos I really liked 'BOMBED'. I was quite pleased with the birds so I thought no one liked them but didn't say why. I have to say I have no problem seeing my photos or others, so not sure why there is a problem.

Well, it appears youve taken down your first images, so I cant comment on those!
I do like the image you left in place and the detail in the crop is great (though some of the feather detail looks just a smidge over-sharpened).

I think now that you have managed to get such good shots with the bird perched on the manmade surface, why not persevere a little and see if you can catch one perched on something more natural-looking.
Also, on the fullsize image, Id like to have seen a little more space infront of the beak to give the bird 'more space to look into' and perhaps a little less space behind to stop the bird looking too centrally placed.

Jmo, of course but I hope it helps a little :)

InaGlo;1612707 thanks very much for the comments. My first photos are still there so not sure why they can't be looked at. I guess if people can't see them they will bomb out again.

I can't see the first shots either. That could be a reason for them not having comments, though normally some one will have had the goodness to point that out, so I would say they've only just disappeared.

I would think it's more likely people rushing to post their own photos and not bothering to comment on others. Which means threads can fall of the page very quickly. Sad that we need a thread like the one Garry has started is'nt it :)

As regards the ones I can see, the last two. They seem to have a redish cast to them, not sure if that's the reflection from that perch. As has been suggested now your at the stage where your getting some feather detail, why not build some more natural perches close by :)

I can't see them either :( but I do like the one's that are there, really great detail :)

Well that's a mystery. Here are the missing ones reposted, I hope you can see them this time.

3602214109_41fdbebea9_o.jpg

3603027468_c868b8f81f_o.jpg

3602213857_cc97f75da1_o.jpg

toonamp. I can't see the first shots either. That could be a reason for them not having comments, though normally some one will have had the goodness to point that out, so I would say they've only just disappeared.

Hopefully you can see them now.:)

I would think it's more likely people rushing to post their own photos and not bothering to comment on others. Which means threads can fall of the page very quickly. Sad that we need a thread like the one Garry has started is'nt it
I have noticed some other posters with good pictures slip down, so I try to kick start them.

As regards the ones I can see, the last two. They seem to have a redish cast to them, not sure if that's the reflection from that perch. As has been suggested now your at the stage where your getting some feather detail, why not build some more natural perches close by

The table was Red & it cast it's colour, I have to say I liked that.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out & your C&C,

Back