Beginner Speedlight advice

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Its not often I use my flash but when i do i find the basic one on the camera isnt that great. I have no idea what I should look at buying.
I just want a suitable speedlight at a reasonable price, any suggestions? I dont mind used, MPB hasa great selection but i'm not sure what i should be looking for.
It would be mostly used at indoor shows (motorcycle/car) or family events if that helps.
Camera is a 77D

Look at Godox.
The tt350c is compact, but much better than the built in flash.
The tt685c is larger and more powerful, but also heavier.

+1 for Godox. I have a pair of the TT685 model and have had no reason to upgrade. I think you'll find most on here will recommend Godox as a first system to buy into.

A bonus with Godox is that they will all fire from the same controller/trigger for when/if you move on to off-camera use. I use these speedlights along with my Godox studio flashes - they're great for getting into tight spaces.

Another recommendation for Godox. Easy to use on camera and then expand to an off camera system too. Great quality and reasonably priced, especially against camera own brand flashes.

Godox every time.

I have the V1 and TT685.

If you want to use them off camera later on get the Godox XPRO transmitter for Canon.

Easy to set up & control once you've watched a video on Youtube.

Back