Speedlight Suggestions for a D60 (Noob post)

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Right then,

I have two Yongnuo 460-II's for off camera stuff but would like to try some people shots at an indoor car show I am attending.
The location has pretty mental lighting and none of the area is evenly lit.

So because I have never tried people shots before and because of the sporadic lighting I would like to invest in a speedlight for my Nikon D60 that works with TTL mode.

I am taking the photos as a favour for my mate who is helping run an aspect of the show and as such I can treat it as a day of experimenting, but I'd like some tidy shots as well.

So instead of using my Yongnuo on manual and having to keep messing about with it while under pressure I would like to just stick it on TTL and only worry about camera settings.

Cheap and cheerful suggestions please people because I have no idea how often this flash will be used.

Would the Yongnuo 465 be a decent enough choice?

Dedicated Jessops flash?
No idea how much but bound to be cheaper than a Nikon Speedlight.
An sb600 wouldn't be a bad investent though, once you try it, you'll never want to use your pop up again.

I use the SB600 on my D90..... superb flash. Not sure if you have built in commander on your D60, but if you do.... then you would also be set up for wireless off camera flashing too!

The D60 cant be used for off camera flash with CLS. One of my justifications for upgrading to the D90.

Another vote for the SB600 though, I bought mine from Kerso on here for a great price.

Another option would be the 360AFD Jessops flashgun which I am sure will do TTL on the D60, and is a fair bit cheaper for £80.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
The sb600 is far far out of budget, especially for only using it rarely. I will look at the jessops one later tonight. Does anyone know how it stacks up against the yongnuo yn465?
Thanks.

Back