SPEEDWAY (Female rider)

Name
Richard davis
Edit My Images
Yes
Oxford Speedway, Under 15's Final, 'The only young lady rider.'

IMG_0148_.JPG

Did she win?
It looks like she has just posed for that, would of been better with a slight blur I think to suggest movement.
Also looks a bit dark in my opinion, could do with being a bit brighter, I know you can do this in Photoshop etc but to be honest I am not totally sure how. something to do with tweaking the levels.
Good start though, keep going ;)

Thank you for your comments birdy961, unfortunately, no she did not win, but she was very good. 500cc engine, no brakes and runs on methanol, 0-60 in 2 seconds. Not something I would do. :shake:

Doesn't look dark to me. Frozen by the flash yes. Not much you can do about that if you have to use flash to get the shot!

You can make out the eyes looking ahead so i might have given even more space on the left to travel into but it is not bad at all :)

Thanks RobertP, I know what you mean about more space on the left, but unfortunately the picture is how I took it, not enough background to crop it. :bonk: I will keep trying though. :)

Had a go years ago but preferred mucking about with the engines to actually riding the bikes to be honest!

Very tricky getting motion blur to suggest speed when you've no choice but to use flash - so for that I sympathise. not worked on the centre at Oxford myself but it has the look that it might be one of those tricky places. Sometimes the youngsters are tougher to shoot than the established riders too.

Nice and sharp, good "eye vision" - not much at all wrong with that. Got any others to share? (y)

Thanks 'Witch', yes, I have a lot more speedway pictures. This on was taken on Sunday at Reading in good daylight. It's a panning shot to try and create the feeling of speed. Your comments please. :)

:canon:

'I get grumpy when I can't do something'.

steve3.jpg

It does indeed give a good feeling of speed. For me the only real problem with it is totally outside of your control and that's the way the dirt piled up against the fence has created that slightly "wavy" line in the background. Nothing you could do about it at all (Unless you fancy a spot of raking between heats!) but it is a tiny bit distracting. The sharpness of the rider's kevlars with the just the tiniest motion blur on the arm though is great.

I stuck some of mine in a thread further down the board - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on those when you get a minute.

Back