Spend my (limited) money

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all
I am looking for some opinions of the experts or people with a little bit of an idea of what they are looking at :)

I am looking for some relatively cheap but robust filters and a flash that can be used both on and off my camera. I just like taking photos and experimenting. I do a lot of zoo's and National Trust / English Heritage sites if people need an idea of what I take photos of

Ive been on amazon and have found some polaroid filters and was wondering if they will suffice for my needs From the below I would only really use the CPL filter but would the extra lenses be useful for further down the line?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003UH5G...olid=5OV4T0BSBWP7&coliid=I3T5MRZ7AXLLMT&psc=1

The spend my money bit comes with the light. I want something that can both be used on and off the camera. I don't have a lot of money free but have around £80 of amazon vouchers to add to it so was looking at something like the below. I know its not expensive (allowing me to buy more stuff further down the line) but as a novice surely there can't be much difference other than the recharge time or being able to select the level of brightness of the flash?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004LEAY...UTF8&colid=5OV4T0BSBWP7&coliid=I360VCM3YI1OMB

Alternatively, if someone else has any suggestions, please feel fee to voice their opinions to me.

thanks

That flash is manual so you'd need to set the power level yourself - perfectly feasible but not ideal.

My personal view is if you buy cheap you'll buy twice - I'd stretch to a Metz flash that does TTL metering.

There is a current thread here about cheap CPL filters so have a look for that (by the way they are polarisers, not Polaroid).

Sorry, I was on about the brand when i said Polaroid, I should have been clearer.

Ive been having a look at the Metz flash and they do look pretty good for the prices I have seen online. I may have to stretch my budget a wee bit more and save a bit first as I agree with the buy cheap buy twice sentiment.

Back