Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice varied set Bryn.

Bravo with #1 - that is small!

#2 looks a bit light to me.

Very much like the composition of #3.

Flash a bit strong in #4 perhaps? I'm looking at the blown edge of the leaf. Tricky though with a dark subject. Presumably though with the camera you are using (FF these days? No Exif I can see, so I don't know which one you were using) you have plenty of scope for capturing dark and raising shadows in post.

Love the clarity and detail of #5.

I wonder if #6 might benefit from a bit of microcontrast enhancement and similar. For example, this version: raised the shadows a bit and drew down the mid tones a bit - this brought up the colours in the background; brought down the highlights a bit to give some more texture to the larger, central stalk of the stamen; used a mild defog to increase the microcontrast - USM Amount 13%, Radius 30 pixels, Threshold 0.

NOT MY IMAGE - Bryn flower - PSE14
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

@GardenersHelper thanks Nick really appreciate the comments

#1 is one of the bigger mites you see a velvet mite I believe. Was really proud of the detail achieved.

#2 these Dolly flies are quite interesting and I've been experimenting you are right this one is bright but that does bring out their colour scheme differences. I will tag you when I post the latest test. ;)

#4 not FF yet the 7d mk ii so still crop and shadow recovery better than I used to have but not brilliant compared to other sensors.

And the bright edge doesn't bother me cause it is what you would see.

#6 is an interesting one you certainly have brought out more detail which is fine. I'm on a thing with flowers at the moment I want detail but also want the soft nature of the parts if that makes sense.

Thanks again really do appreciate your input.

Thats a very nice and varied set Bryn, Like the spider mite and its detail, bery nice and red.
No 2, its HURTING my eyes but another nicely detailed shot.
3 and 4 are my favs though and nice finds, espec that 1st beetle.

Excellent set, a difficult lens to master (y)

Superb Bryn! Lovely colours and detail. No.5 for me ;)

Thanks appreciate the comment

I'll say, yes I'm a fan. Those look good to me!

Cool really glad you like them

Thats a very nice and varied set Bryn, Like the spider mite and its detail, bery nice and red.
No 2, its HURTING my eyes but another nicely detailed shot.
3 and 4 are my favs though and nice finds, espec that 1st beetle.

Not hard to hurt your eyes... honestly less brightness on #2 and it loses its pop

That's a fantastic effort on number 1! Very impressive shot :)

Thanks mate

Excellent set, a difficult lens to master (y)

Indeed it is but I love it... wish I had the money to buy a proper twin light but they are so damned expensive

Wow that's a cracking lens! Great set of shots

Thanks really appreciate your comment

""Indeed it is but I love it... wish I had the money to buy a proper twin light but they are so damned expensive""

Have you considered one of these, I use one and it is a very good unit, very similar to the Canon flash?
Yongnuo Flash.jpg

""Indeed it is but I love it... wish I had the money to buy a proper twin light but they are so damned expensive""

Have you considered one of these, I use one and it is a very good unit, very similar to the Canon flash?
View attachment 66701

Hehe yes used one and certainly not on an MP-E too difficult to diffuse and as quick refresh as my current flash configuration.

Next to @GardenersHelper think you'll find there is not a lot I havent tried. :D

Thanks for the advice.

Superb - the detail on that mite is amazing. I do love the last though - nice balance of detail and dreamy.

Thanks Emma its a balance I'm trying to work on... you can see the variations on latest set on Flickr :D

Hi Bryn yes I like this much better I think the first one was almost over exposed this is spot on........ on my monitor the greens are superb

Hi Bryn yes I like this much better I think the first one was almost over exposed this is spot on........ on my monitor the greens are superb

Thanks mate was really worried about losing some sparkle but @GardenersHelper advice did truly work. Eyes pop even more now.

Back