Speyside Stages 2007

:thinking: Most of the pics have worked as far as shutter speeds go, there is some motion blur and so on, but they are just out of focus. The apertures are very big at F3.3 so depth of field is limited, which is a problem when you are learning to take pictures of fast moving objects like cars. There is no room for error with those apertures on the focusing, it has to be spot on.
I dont know much about your fuji camera, but if its possible, try using a few manual settings - go for a smaller aperture to give a bit more DoF, shutter speeds are about right, and if they seem unexposed [it looks like it was quite an overcast day] and the camera will let you, go for a higher ISO setting, 200 or even 400. Most importantly, and I am not sure if you were doing this or not, but 'pan' the camera with the car as you take the shot, follow the car, and keep following even after you have pressed the button and let it go....much greater chance of a clear car and blurry background.
Motorsport photography is an artform in itself that takes some practice to get it right....but dont worry, you havent done too bad, some of those pictures will sharpen up nicely enough. (y)

Hiya, don't remember saying hello so welcome to the forums. The last two of the set are the best by a mile, love the 6R4 shot (y)

The rest seem to be a little bit soft. I notice you're using the Fuji 5600, I'm just wondering if shutter lag was the problem maybe?.

I was there yesterday as well but only managed the two Cooper park stages. Not that happy with mine but you can have a look here if you like :)

Back