Critique Spider in the Garden

#2 looks overly blue...

What do you mean by macro flash? What flash system do you have? Pop up, flash gun?

You don't need a macro flash they are really meant for the professionals that make money off them. I suggest you look at the Macro setup thread and you will understand why I have said the above.

At present i have the on camera popup flash and a separate speed light. To take these shots hand held I had to switch to a high iso to keep the shutter speed to a reasonable setting to be able to take the shot.

At present i have the on camera popup flash and a separate speed light. To take these shots hand held I had to switch to a high iso to keep the shutter speed to a reasonable setting to be able to take the shot.

You have all you need then.. seriously check out the macro rigs in the show us your thread to give yourself some ideas and some very cheap options.

Yes I see there are some very interesting designs, I will see what I can construct :)

:canon:

I like these Tony. Yes the WB is way off in the second, but it works quite well with the subject matter. I like the vignetting too, although I think these could be pulled back a bit. The subjects themselves are very sharp, well lit and with good detail so I would say whatever you are doing, it's working. I assume by "macro flash" you are referring to a ringflash? I've never used one, I just have an external flash similar no doubt similar to the one you have already. As Bryn says, check out the rig section to see how people use them, then decide what you want to play around with....

Back