Spider web

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Lost my first lens cap the other day, before I had the chance to replace it I was at the car boot sale on Sunday and seen a guy selling camera stuff. I was interested in the tripod he used to display a camera on but it was not for sale. Then I noticed a filter case with 3 filters in and a price of £1.50, the filters were ND 04, star and sepia, I thought that I could put one over the lens in place of the missing cap for now. Anyway they have cleaned up ok and thought I’d give the star one a whirl.
Spider web sprayed with a mist 300mm, 1/100sec, f32, Iso 400.

Woooo, purdy!

I bet Mr. Spider wasn't too happy with your web wash! :)

I'm not a big lover of filters apart from grads and polarisers, I went through a phase years ago where I needed a pack mule just to carry my filters around.:whistling

I'm a sucker for star filters though - great for night shots and shots over water. Beware of photos of jewellery taken with star filters to make them look like real glittery rocks! I've seen QVC quite obviously using one on the TV camera in the past when selling jewellery.

CT said:
I'm not a big lover of filters apart from grads and polarisers, I went through a phase years ago where I needed a pack mule just to carry my filters around.:whistling

I'm a sucker for star filters though - great for night shots and shots over water. Beware of photos of jewellery taken with star filters to make them look like real glittery rocks! I've seen QVC quite obviously using one on the TV camera in the past when selling jewellery.
I thought for the sake of £1.50 one of them would do just to cover the kit lens until I purchased another lens cap (which I have now). All 3 filters are in good nick, even the pouch they came in. The star one might get used now and again but i'm pleased with the nd filter and i'm sure it will get a good work out.

Back