Spider

Edit My Images
No

Spider by The_Boot, on Flickr

Shot at ISO 3200 under challenging lighting conditions, whilst eyes were stinging from grass pollen having just cut the lawn, whilst crapping myself because I suffer terrible arachnophobia. :puke:

This is not a crop and was shot at 60mm (so you can guess how close I was). :wacky:

Crit welcome!

Good shot Craig. Eyes seem in focus which is what you will always be measured on first ;)

It is a little noisy at full resolution - understandable given ISO and lighting.

Last edited:
Nice shot Craig, very bright colour against the background.

Cheers Adam.

Good shot Craig. Eyes seem in focus which is what you will always be measured on first ;)

That's exactly what I was aiming for a judging it on. I deleted a few bloopers! :LOL:

It is a little noisy at full resolution - understandable given ISO and lighting.

I am very pleased with the performance of the 50D on the whole, but I will be looking to upgrade the body at some stage. I still have more glass to buy first though... the shopping list grows!

Nice clean shot with good detail.

Thank you. (y)

Nice done Craig. You've captured a lot of nice fine detail even at ISO 3200.

I'm moderately arachnophobic myself and certainly couldn't allow one of these orb weavers on my hand. That said, they tend to cut away from their webs and fall as opposed to rear up when threatened.

Thanks Ian - I certainly wouldn't want to touch it! :D

Back