spider....

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
went away to poole with my wife for a few days,and there were several of these fellas hanging on to the caravan for dear life in almost gale force winds we had there,but this one had decided better to come off his web and tuck up in a corner....

thanks must go to my wife for standing in the winds to hold my flashgun whilst i handheld these shots...:clap:

spider.jpg

DSC01311.jpg

C+C welcome....

Wow - very close and great detail, well done. I hate spiders, freak the hell out of me.

Gary.

Great shots ,we do grow em hairy down here in Dorset:LOL:

Excellent shots Stan, Garden Orb spiders are good models as they stay pretty much still don't they. (y)

Great shots Mark. You've captured the eyes and the hairs on the spider brilliantly, but full credit to your wife to be brave enough to hold the flashgun. Glad to see you have your 105mm macro back again.(y)

excellent shots, only quarm would be ask him/her to pose with their legs out a bit? the crossed legs look a little uncomfortable:p:LOL:

nice and sharp image of the face

Superb shots (y) Excellent detail. Was 2 shot with the 105 and extension tubes?

thanks barbara,and thanks for your comments..much appreciated.yes it's been great to have the 105 back again...i just need to start using it more to get to know it.jackie(my better half)was a safe distance away from the spider so no bravery needed,although i did treat her to lunch for doing so :LOL:

thanks fletch (y)

james...i've no heard that nursery rhyme for ages,so thanks for reminding me,and thanks for your comments (y)

jgs001...again,thanks for your comments.both shots were taken with the 105 only,and shot 2 is just a selective crop.i didn't have my extension tubes with me as i didn't intend to do any macro work whilst on hols ;)

thanks V8burble..much appreciate your comments(y)

Nice shots...love the close up :)

Could the spider be getting water off it's leg in the first?

Back