Spirit above

Name
Fiona
Edit My Images
Yes
16813028118_148b39c920_b.jpg

It would be good to see the original Fiona, a lot of people tend to do this to a shot if it has one or more serious flaws.To me it looks more like the imprint on a window after a bird has crashed into it,but I guess some will like it for it`s artistic merit.

there are no flaws

You have same syndrome as me... I never have any flaws in my shots either ;)

Nothing like confidence bordering arogance.... lol :p

That being said this is a fantastic shot which I like very much... even more so that it would double up as a bird splat. :D

I purposely over exposed the original , there are no flaws it is shot as its meant to be :)
so all it is is an overexposed barn own converted to mono. :) not to everyones taste but then nothing i do is ever to everyones taste. i like it others like it i thought i would share it :) thanks for hte comments.

I like it. I am not a big fan of wildlife photography. So much of it, to me, is "how nice, it's another bird".

I am not overly keen on the smudging looking stuff on the right and I think I'd clean that up.

Staff Edit: Drop the attitude please

Nice job :)

Edit: I just had a look at your Flickr work. I don't understand the mix of images, some are so incredibly better than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have same syndrome as me... I never have any flaws in my shots either ;)

Nothing like confidence bordering arogance.... lol :p

That being said this is a fantastic shot which I like very much... even more so that it would double up as a bird splat. :D

lolol i said there were no flaws in THIS shot................... you havent seen the others ;)
but yeah it does sound arrogant it wasnt meant to sound like that i meant it came out how i intended it and i wouldnt have shot it any different which means FOR ME there were no flaws in the shot so it wasnt a cover up. it was shot for this treatment. god why am i justifying myself! lol

Last edited:
I like it. I am not a big fan of wildlife photography. So much of it, to me, is "how nice, it's another bird".

I am not overly keen on the smudging looking stuff on the right and I think I'd clean that up.

Staff Edit: Drop the attitude please

Nice job :)

Edit: I just had a look at your Flickr work. I don't understand the mix of images, some are so incredibly better than others.

whats not to understand???? its my ethos to try and get to the same level on all genres..... some im still working on more than others :) i dont know a single photographer who is as good on every genre .
oh and yeah i agree on the smudging something i didint even notice when i first posted

Last edited:
it's different, it's interesting, it's good, it's attractive, I really like it as an image

cleaning the RHS edge up may be a worthwhile thing to do IMHO, ensuring a more consistent bg ... adjusting the tone curve to 98% at the top end, so that the bg is still there in outline ... unless the effect is intended

Last edited:
It's different and I like it, for the bird 'purist' the original would probably have more appeal but your work generally tends to be more artistic/surreal, (not meant in a negative way), so it is in keeping to what I perceive as your 'style' and it adds a different aspect to what is a truly beautiful bird. :)

I don`t dislike it, I feel it needs backing off just a little. Many will hate it and many will like it without saying so.

I don`t like the large watermark, it ruins the shot. Oh, as already pointed out, that smudge needs moving.

it's different, it's interesting, it's good, it's attractive, I really like it as an image

cleaning the RHS edge up may be a worthwhile thing to do IMHO, ensuring a more consistent bg ... adjusting the tone curve to 98% at the top end, so that the bg is still there in outline ... unless the effect is intended

thanks and no i already pointed out above me is bad i never actually noticed that until i had posted it!

whats not to understand???? its my ethos to try and get to the same level on all genres..... some im still working on more than others :) i dont know a single photographer who is as good on every genre .
oh and yeah i agree on the smudging something i didint even notice when i first posted

Have fun, be happy :)

Back