Spitfire

Would look lovely, without the watermark :)

Thanks everyone! I'm quite happy with it, although I still need to work on the prop (and the modern flying helmet)!

Regards,

Cheesy

I'm not sure the contrails add to the picture and whether they have a place in a picture capturing the golden age of flying. i can't imagine contrails forming as they have, hence they look a little unnatural.

More prop blur needed, otherwise, very nice!

I quite like it, would like to have seen a colour version too. Are you entering the photo comp this year Cheesy?

I'm not sure the contrails add to the picture and whether they have a place in a picture capturing the golden age of flying. i can't imagine contrails forming as they have, hence they look a little unnatural.

The benefit of a little experience:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bomber_stream.jpg
More prop blur needed, otherwise, very nice!

Thanks for taking the time to comment Mike, as stated above I'll keep working on my PS'd props!
I quite like it, would like to have seen a colour version too. Are you entering the photo comp this year Cheesy?

I'll get the colour version posted tonight (hopefully). Which photo comp? I generally don't through being intimidated by the percieved standard!Regards,Cheesy

Last edited:
And I thought Wikipedia's claim to fame was being the number one source of unreliable knowledge. I wasn't aware you could search for pictures as well. You're experience is clearly evident, just as evident as the contrails in the picture!

Here is the colour version:

Spitfire colour (1 of 1) - Copy by StampedeT2, on Flickr

I'm probably not going to enter the RAF Comp - the Forces 'togs are all over that competition and from what I remember amateurs are restricted to a single category; so I'd be unable to submit to the Digital Art section.

Regards,

Cheesy

Both are good, however the monochrome is more in tune with the period (in my opinion).
Has more atmosphere, pun intended!

Last edited:
Both are good, however the monochrome is more in tune with the period (in my opinion).Has more atmosphere, pun intended!

I think the sky was still blue back in the 30's / 40's ;) :LOL:

Loving the colour version Cheesy. (y)

The thing that spoils it for me are the contrails above the plane - i know you couldnt help that, but they don't help the period feeling

Having just browsed the selective colouring thread:
TP_Spitfire_Sel_Col.jpg

And a very quick (or 'naff') try at sepia:

TP_Spitfire_sepia.jpg

Let me know if you want me to remove.

I got a few pictures of this landing yesterday at RAF Marham families day :)

Personally I like the colour one. DD's colour popped edit is pretty good too.

Great shots though however they are processed.

I'm off to buy a really big step ladder to try this :LOL:

Back