Splash

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
After picking up a fish tank from a car boot for this purpose a few months ago I finally got round to taking some photos of fruit into water.

Used two Canon flashes 550EX and 540EZ both set at 128th one behind the fish tank bounced off of a white wall and the other sat in front of the tank, both fired by my Yongnuo triggers. 50D mounted on my tripod with my 28-125L f4. Shutter set to 1/200 and aperture of either f8 or f10. The one with the yellow tint had quality street wrappers on the flash :)

Well these are the results not as I would have hoped but for a first attempt I dont think they are too bad. Will have another go soon to see if I can improve on them.

IMG_5709 by jakeblu, on Flickr

IMG_5726 by jakeblu, on Flickr

IMG_5752 by jakeblu, on Flickr

IMG_5769 by jakeblu, on Flickr

As always any comments and critiques appreciated

Steve

That's a great start! I agree with Al and would back off a bit especially for the bigger fruit. Keep at it(y)

I love the idea, I've done some of own in the past as part of my 365 (y) I think that you need to work on your focus a little as they all look to be a little soft, especially the first two :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks everyone for the comments and I agree about the too close crits but it is just a small fish tank so not sure I could give it a lot more space. I also thought they were a little soft although they do look sharper in Apreture. We will see on next attempt if I can improve

Steve

Last edited:
Back