Splash

Name
Dade
Edit My Images
Yes
Failing to get those illusive collisions but I did like this image :)

Ash I need your help dude!

6488471677_0e5b591619.jpg

6488475261_01447f483e.jpg

6488469759_5129bdc51d.jpg

Your second image is superb!
I can offer a couple of pointers for collisions;)
Shooting at this angle can look great for collisions but you need a tidy BG. I back light my drops with 1 or 2 speedlites fired through a velum paper diffuser, although I may soon change this to acid etched glass. This gives alot of light even at 1/128 power on the flash and f16+
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=369857

Try to get a fast flow of drops, fast enough so that you can't count them and hold a jug under them. It is critical to have the base water totally calm. It's then a case of hand/eye coordination, whip the jug away and try to fire the flash about 0.3sec later. It is easier than it sounds;)
Adding some dye to the dropping water can help with definition too.
HTH

Not bad effort's at all (y) I would be very pleased with them, I cannot help but feel that the first two could stand with a little cropping as they feel a little too distant to me :thinking:

I take your point - but I wanted the space on this occasion, I do have others with tighter crops though ;)

Rhod - Thanks for that extra info. I will attempt this again and see if I can improve on it.
For a 'simple' job it takes a lot of prep, setup and space :/

Hopefully get something more worthwhile. Ash has offered some tips too so I will attempt it again when I have the house to myself ;)

Your shots are cool too Rhod :)

Last edited:
Back