Splish...

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Splash...

I've been practising the water drop thing tonight to try to get my shots sharper. Here are a few of my efforts - C&C positively encouraged ;)

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

wow, some of the best water drop shots i've seen on here. the colours are fantastic. great work.

Thankyou very much - I aim to get as good as Splog... and I think I still have a lot of work to do! I do at least feel I'm making a bit of progress which is novel for me :)

Excellent work :clap: nice drop shots! The're all very good and you have certainly got them sharp especially NO:1 and the bubble shot is excellent (y) However NO:2 gets my vote!

Just trying to help here: :cool:
NO:2 & 3 have lost something due to the short DOF! I would suggest you try for more DOF by upping the F number and maybe up the ISO to compensate :) also try a bit of back focus to cover the collision when you get it ... and you will :)

I know it's not easy to get these shots! But You have caught them really well and certainly got the timing right, well done and lets see more (y)

#3 for me (y)

Excellent work :clap: nice drop shots! The're all very good and you have certainly got them sharp especially NO:1 and the bubble shot is excellent (y) However NO:2 gets my vote!

Just trying to help here: :cool:
NO:2 & 3 have lost something due to the short DOF! I would suggest you try for more DOF by upping the F number and maybe up the ISO to compensate :) also try a bit of back focus to cover the collision when you get it ... and you will :)

I know it's not easy to get these shots! But You have caught them really well and certainly got the timing right, well done and lets see more (y)

Thanks for the comments all - and especially to splog (Steve?) for the advice. I was experimenting with DOF last night as I started out with massively high F numbers to compensate for the shallow DOF of the Raynox 150. Then I tried F8 - F11 which was much better, and then wider apertures which was a bit hit and miss. I did try back focusing last night but couldn't get it right.

I'll keep at it though - and hope for the fabled collision shot ;)

Back