Critique Split Face Hedgehog

Like them both, I'm viewing on a small screen but lighting and focus look ok:)
Nice little animal not seen one before
to be honest though the composition isn't right both should have space to the left, they should be on the RHS of the frame
the composition should be fixable though as the background is dark so you should be able to move them in photoshop

Last edited:
Like them both, I'm viewing on a small screen but lighting and focus look ok:)
Nice little animal not seen one before
to be honest though the composition isn't right both should have space to the left, they should be on the RHS of the frame
the composition should be fixable though as the background is dark so you should be able to move them in photoshop

Thank you for your feedback, may I ask though why you think they would be better suited to the right of the frame, than to the left?

Thank you for your feedback, may I ask though why you think they would be better suited to the right of the frame, than to the left?

Just for composition I think that the second one at least would look better on the RHS as at the moment its looking into the edge of the frame, would be better looking into space on the RHS

I agree with Pete. You want subjects looking into the negative space rather than away from.
The first has lots of space above the hedgehog but almost none at the bottom. I think it needs more at the bottom.

Also (sorry if it sounds like I'm having a go, just trying to help) I think you've pushed the contrast too far. You've lost a lot of detail, especially around the eyes and feet e.g the floating foot in #2

Back